Allan R Tunkel
Affiliation: Drexel University
- Infections caused by viridans streptococci in patients with neutropeniaAllan R Tunkel
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, MCP Hahnemann University, Philadelphia, PA, 19129, USA
Clin Infect Dis 34:1524-9. 2002....
- Central nervous system infections in injection drug usersAllan R Tunkel
Division of Infectious Diseases, MCP Hahnemann University, 3300 Henry Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19129, USA
Infect Dis Clin North Am 16:589-605. 2002..Inoculation of Clostridium spp at injection sites may lead to toxin generation and disease. Clinicians must maintain a high level of suspicion for these diagnoses in injection drug users...
- Practice guidelines for the management of bacterial meningitisAllan R Tunkel
Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19129, USA
Clin Infect Dis 39:1267-84. 2004
- Strategies and new developments in the management of bacterial meningitisJustine Miranda
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Baystate Medical Center, 759 Chestnut Street, Springfield, MA 01199, USA
Infect Dis Clin North Am 23:925-43, viii-ix. 2009..Clinical experience with use of newer agents is limited to case reports, but these agents may be necessary to consider in patients who are failing standard therapy...
- Bacterial meningitis: epidemiology, pathogenesis and management updateYuliya Nudelman
Department of Medicine, Monmouth Medical Center, Long Branch, New Jersey 07740, USA
Drugs 69:2577-96. 2009..To be effective, adjunctive dexamethasone should be administered concomitant with or just prior to the first antimicrobial dose for maximal effect on the subarachnoid space inflammatory response...
- Antimicrobial agents in the treatment of bacterial meningitisScott W Sinner
Division of Infectious Diseases, Drexel University College of Medicine, 245 North 15th Street, Mail Stop 487, Philadelphia, PA 19102 1101, USA
Infect Dis Clin North Am 18:581-602, ix. 2004....
- Drug Insight: adjunctive therapies in adults with bacterial meningitisDiederik van de Beek
Academic Medical Center, Center of Infection and Immunity Amsterdam, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Nat Clin Pract Neurol 2:504-16. 2006..This review briefly summarizes the pathogenesis and pathophysiology of bacterial meningitis, and focuses on the evidence for and against use of the available adjunctive therapies in clinical practice...
- Corticosteroids for everyone with meningitis?Allan R Tunkel
N Engl J Med 347:1613-5. 2002
- Community-acquired bacterial meningitis in adultsDiederik van de Beek
Department of Neurology, Center of Infection and Immunity Amsterdam, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
N Engl J Med 354:44-53. 2006