Kent D Drescher
- Causes of death among male veterans who received residential treatment for PTSDKent D Drescher
Clinical Laboratory and Education Division, National Center for PTSD, VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Menlo Park, California 94025, USA
J Trauma Stress 16:535-43. 2003..7%), and intentional death by suicide, homicide, or police (13.8%). Results suggest possible opportunities to improve outcomes of this at-risk patient population through harm reduction interventions and improved continuity of care...
- Predicting mortality in veterans with posttraumatic stress disorder thirty years after VietnamEric F Crawford
National Center for PTSD, VA Palo Alto Healthcare System, Palo Alto, California, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 197:260-5. 2009..Results highlight the importance of addressing comorbid medical illnesses and addictive disorders when caring for this population...
- Sleep quality among U.S. military veterans with PTSD: a factor analysis and structural model of symptomsKimberly A Babson
Center for Health Care Evaluation, VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Menlo Park, California, USA
J Trauma Stress 25:665-74. 2012..51). The results provide a recommended structure that improves precision in measuring sleep quality among veterans with PTSD...
- Telephone monitoring and support for veterans with chronic posttraumatic stress disorder: a pilot studyCraig S Rosen
National Center for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Clinical Laboratory and Education Division, VA Palo Alto Health Care System, 3801 Miranda Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304 1207, USA
Community Ment Health J 42:501-8. 2006..Compared to prior patient cohorts, clients receiving telephone support were twice as likely (88% vs. 43%) to complete an outpatient visit within 1 month of discharge and reported higher satisfaction with care...
- Substance abuse-related mortality among middle-aged male VA psychiatric patientsCraig S Rosen
National Center for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Department of Veterans Affairs, Palo Alto Health Care System, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
Psychiatr Serv 59:290-6. 2008..This study evaluated mortality and causes of death over a seven-year period among middle-aged male psychiatric patients with and without co-occurring substance use disorder...
- Cannabis use among military veterans after residential treatment for posttraumatic stress disorderMarcel O Bonn-Miller
the Center for Health Care Evaluation, VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Menlo Park Division 152, 795 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
Psychol Addict Behav 25:485-91. 2011..Implications of the findings are discussed with regard to the extant literature and future directions...
- Self-selection bias in sleep and psychophysiological studies of posttraumatic stress disorderSteven H Woodward
National Center for PTSD, Clinical Laboratory and Education Division, VA Palo Alto HCS, Menlo Park Division, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
J Trauma Stress 20:619-23. 2007....