G C Wall
Affiliation: Drake University
- Assessment of candidacy for pneumococcal vaccination in intensive care patientsGeoffrey C Wall
Pharmacy Practice, Drake University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Iowa Methodist Medical Center, Des Moines, IA 50309, USA
Intensive Crit Care Nurs 29:212-5. 2013..Information procured included demographic information, pneumococcal vaccine eligibility, documentation of prior vaccination status or vaccine administration and patient outcomes...
- Pharmacotherapy for acute pouchitisGeoffrey C Wall
Iowa Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center, Des Moines, IA, USA
Ann Pharmacother 45:1127-37. 2011..To review the current literature concerning the medical treatment of acute and chronic pouchitis...
- Knowledge and attitudes of American pharmacists concerning sulfonamide allergy cross-reactivityGeoffrey C Wall
Drake University College of Pharmacy, Des Moines, IA, USA
Pharm World Sci 32:343-6. 2010..We conducted a survey to describe the knowledge and attitudes of licensed pharmacists concerning sulfonamide allergy cross-reactivity...
- Mucormycosis in a Crohn's disease patient treated with infliximabGeoffrey C Wall
Iowa Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center, Drake University, Des Moines, Iowa, USA
Digestion 80:182-4. 2009..Clinicians should be aware of the possible development of this potentially catastrophic infection in patients receiving infliximab, especially if such patients have other risks for mucormycosis, such as diabetes...
- Adherence to treatment guidelines in two primary care populations with goutGeoffrey C Wall
College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Drake University, 2507 University Ave, Des Moines, IA 50311 4505, USA
Rheumatol Int 30:749-53. 2010..005). In this retrospective review of gout management in two IM clinics, general care for patients with this condition did not differ significantly. However, overall compliance with recommendations from published guidelines was low...
- Evaluation of total-dose iron sucrose infusions in patients with iron deficiency anemiaGeoffrey C Wall
Iowa Methodist Medical Center, Des Moines, IA 50309, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 65:150-3. 2008..The safety and efficacy of a total-dose iron sucrose infusion protocol used in a large, tertiary care teaching hospital were studied...
- Pharmacotherapy for microscopic colitisGeoffrey C Wall
Department of Pharmacy, Iowa Methodist Medical Center, and College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Drake University, Des Moines, Iowa 50311 4505, USA
Pharmacotherapy 27:425-33. 2007..Based on cost and adverse-effect profiles, antidiarrheals and bismuth subsalicylate are reasonable first options, but many patients may require budesonide to achieve remission...
- An initially unsuspected case of baclofen overdoseGeoffrey C Wall
Iowa Methodist Medical Center, Des Moines, IA, USA
Am J Crit Care 15:611-3. 2006
- Pharmacotherapy of xerostomia in primary Sjögren's syndromeGeoffrey C Wall
Department of Pharmacy Practice, College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Drake University, Des Moines, Iowa 50311 4505, USA
Pharmacotherapy 22:621-9. 2002..Satisfaction with the efficacy and tolerability of treatment should be monitored frequently. The clinician may have to use a trial-and-error approach to determine a successful regimen...
- Pharmacist-managed service providing penicillin allergy skin testsGeoffrey C Wall
Iowa Methodist Medical Center IMMC, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 61:1271-5. 2004..A penicillin allergy skin-testing service run by pharmacists is described...
- Meta-analysis: budesonide treatment for collagenous colitisB Feyen
Internal Medicine Resident, Iowa Methodist Medical Center, Des Moines, IA 50309, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 20:745-9. 2004..Budesonide, a corticosteroid with high first-pass metabolism has been examined in collagenous colitis, but studies to date have had small numbers, and relatively low statistical power...
- Pediatric constipation therapy using guidelines and polyethylene glycol 3350Edward A Bell
College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Drake University, Des Moines, IA 50311 4505, USA
Ann Pharmacother 38:686-93. 2004..To review current guidelines on the treatment of functional constipation in pediatric patients, with an emphasis on the role of polyethylene glycol 3350 (PEG 3350)...
- Oral aloe vera-induced hepatitisMichelle M Bottenberg
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Des Moines, IA, USA
Ann Pharmacother 41:1740-3. 2007..To report a case of possible oral aloe vera-induced hepatitis...
- Apparent anaphylactoid reaction after treatment with a single dose of telithromycinMichelle M Bottenberg
Department of Pharmacy, Iowa Methodist Medical Center, Des Moines, Iowa, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 98:89-91. 2007..Telithromycin, the first ketolide antimicrobial agent available in the United States, is related to the macrolide class of antibiotics. Reports of immediate-type hypersensitivity reactions with macrolides or ketolides are rare overall...
- Serum sickness-like reaction associated with efalizumabSadia Ashraf-Benson
Iowa Methodist Medical Center, Des Moines, IA 50309, USA
Ann Pharmacother 43:383-6. 2009..To report a case of serum sickness-like reaction (SSLR) possibly induced by efalizumab, a recombinant humanized immunoglobulin G1 kappa isotype monoclonal antibody approved for treatment of moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis...
- Possible drug rash with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms syndrome after exposure to epoetin alfaNick Norgard
Iowa Methodist Medical Center IMMC, Des Moines, IA, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 62:2524-6. 2005
- Lack of a physicochemical interaction between metronidazole and cholestyramineGeoffrey C Wall
Int J Antimicrob Agents 30:372-4. 2007
- Lack of cross-reactivity to meropenem in a patient with an allergy to imipenem-cilastatinSeth L Bauer
J Allergy Clin Immunol 113:173-5. 2004
- Ethacrynic acid and the sulfa-sensitive patientGeoffrey C Wall
Arch Intern Med 163:116-7. 2003