Affiliation: Digital Gene Technologies
- TOGA analysis of gene expression to accelerate target developmentD Lo
Department of Integrative Biology, Digital Gene Technologies, Inc, 11149 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Eur J Pharm Sci 14:191-6. 2001..These studies will quickly lead to identification of genes critical to specific biological and clinical processes, accelerating the development of new targets and therapies...
- Exploiting immune surveillance mechanisms in mucosal vaccine developmentDavid Lo
Digital Gene Technologies, Inc, 11149 North Torrey Pines Road, Suite 2302, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Expert Opin Biol Ther 4:397-406. 2004..Ongoing research is identifying genes that may be critical to triggering mucosal immunity; an understanding of their role in discrimination may lead to the development of new vaccines...
- Cell culture modeling of specialized tissue: identification of genes expressed specifically by follicle-associated epithelium of Peyer's patch by expression profiling of Caco-2/Raji co-culturesDavid Lo
Digital Gene Technologies, Inc, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Int Immunol 16:91-9. 2004....
- Peptidoglycan recognition protein expression in mouse Peyer's Patch follicle associated epithelium suggests functional specializationDavid Lo
Digital Gene Technologies, Inc, La Jolla, CA, USA
Cell Immunol 224:8-16. 2003....
- Open system gene expression profiling and identification of novel genes for targeted vaccine deliveryDavid Lo
Digital Gene Technologies, Inc, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Expert Rev Vaccines 1:95-100. 2002..These receptors will be ideal for targeted delivery of new synthetic vaccines. In addition, gene expression profiling will provide important new information on the biology of the M-cell and mucosal immune mechanisms...
- Catching target receptors for drug and vaccine delivery using TOGA gene expression profilingDavid Lo
Digital Gene Technologies, Inc, 11149 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 54:1213-23. 2002..The power of this gene profiling approach also suggests application to other systems, such as the response to metabolic changes or drug treatments...
- Enhancing in vivo survival of adipose-derived stromal cells through Bcl-2 overexpression using a minicircle vectorJeong Hyun
Department of Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
Stem Cells Transl Med 2:690-702. 2013..Finally, we used a nonintegrating minicircle technology to achieve this in a potentially clinically applicable strategy for stem cell therapy...
- Standardized quantitative in situ hybridization using radioactive oligonucleotide probes for detecting relative levels of mRNA transcripts verified by real-time PCRRon S Broide
Neurome, Inc, 11149 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Brain Res 1000:211-22. 2004..These results support the accuracy of the SQuISH protocol for determining relative mRNA levels in the brain...
- Diabetes exacerbates amyloid and neurovascular pathology in aging-accelerated miceAntonio Currais
The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, Laboratory of Cellular Neurobiology, 10010 N Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Aging Cell 11:1017-26. 2012..These data suggest that aberrant glucose metabolism potentiates the aging phenotype in old mice and contributes to early stage central nervous system pathology in younger animals...
- Antigen presentation by keratinocytes directs autoimmune skin diseaseLian Fan
The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:3386-91. 2003..Disease can be induced by skin inflammation but not solely by activation of T cells. Thus, cutaneous immunopathology can be directed through antigen presentation by tissue-resident keratinocytes to autoreactive TCR Tg CD4(+) cells...
- T-cell receptor transgenic response to an endogenous polymorphic autoantigen determines susceptibility to diabetesMary E Pauza
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, Illinois, USA
Diabetes 53:978-88. 2004..Thus, the generation of 6.9TCR transgenic mice provides a model of autoimmune diabetes whereby controlled expression of an endogenous polymorphic autoantigen effectively determines disease development...
- CD8alpha+ and CD11b+ dendritic cell-restricted MHC class II controls Th1 CD4+ T cell immunityMaria P Lemos
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia PA 19104, USA
J Immunol 171:5077-84. 2003..These findings indicate that DCs are not only key initiators of the primary response, but provide all of the necessary cognate interactions to control CD4(+) T cell fate during the primary immune response...
- Expression profiling and QTL analysis: a powerful complementary strategy in drug abuse researchJohn Spence
Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Addict Biol 10:47-51. 2005..By evaluating differences in gene expression for linkage to a quantitative trait, this combined approach was implemented to identify alpha-synuclein, a candidate gene for alcohol preference...
- Necdin and E2F4 are modulated by rosiglitazone therapy in diabetic human adipose and muscle tissueAllison B Goldfine
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, One Joslin Place, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Diabetes 55:640-50. 2006..These data suggest that changes in necdin and E2F4 expression after rosiglitazone exposure in humans are associated with altered adipocyte differentiation and may contribute to improved insulin sensitivity in humans treated with TZDs...
- NIK-dependent RelB activation defines a unique signaling pathway for the development of V alpha 14i NKT cellsDirk Elewaut
Division of Developmental Immunology, La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology, 10355 Science Center Dr, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
J Exp Med 197:1623-33. 2003....