Genomes and Genes
- Factor structure of the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale-III in schizophreniaDwight Dickinson
Veterans Affairs Capitol Health Care Network Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Assessment 9:171-80. 2002....
- A randomized double-blind trial of atomoxetine for cognitive impairments in 32 people with schizophreniaDeanna L Kelly
Maryland Psychiatric Research Center, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21228, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 70:518-25. 2009..In animals, it has been shown to increase extracellular levels of acetylcholine and dopamine in cortical and hippocampal regions...
- Cognitive functioning in recent onset psychosisFaith Dickerson
Sheppard Pratt, Baltimore, MD 21204, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 199:367-71. 2011..053) but not on the other RBANS variables or on the WCST. Cognitive performance is broadly impaired in recent onset psychosis, with a cognitive advantage to bipolar disorder patients compared with schizophrenia-spectrum patients...
- The effects of galantamine on psychopathology in chronic stable schizophreniaRobert R Conley
Maryland Psychiatric Research Center, Department of Psychiatry, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21228, USA
Clin Neuropharmacol 32:69-74. 2009..This secondary analysis describes the effects of galantamine on psychopathology in people with schizophrenia...
- General and specific cognitive deficits in schizophrenia: Goliath defeats David?Dwight Dickinson
VA Capitol Health Care Network Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center, Education and Clinical Center, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Biol Psychiatry 64:823-7. 2008..Current analyses sought to extend these findings...
- Galantamine for the treatment of cognitive impairments in people with schizophreniaRobert W Buchanan
Department of Psychiatry, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am J Psychiatry 165:82-9. 2008....
- Occupational status and social adjustment six months after hospitalization early in the course of bipolar disorder: a prospective studyFaith Dickerson
Stanley Research Program, Sheppard Pratt, Baltimore, MD 21204, USA
Bipolar Disord 12:10-20. 2010..We assessed patients with bipolar disorder undergoing a hospital admission early in the illness course and identified predictors of occupational status, overall social adjustment, and work adjustment six months later...
- A randomized, controlled trial of computer-assisted cognitive remediation for schizophreniaDwight Dickinson
Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center, VISN 5, VA Medical Center, Suite 6A BT MIRECC, 10 North Greene St, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Am J Psychiatry 167:170-80. 2010..The goal of the current study was to develop a broadly targeted computer-assisted cognitive remediation program and conduct a rigorous clinical trial in a large group of schizophrenia patients...
- The 2009 schizophrenia PORT psychosocial treatment recommendations and summary statementsLisa B Dixon
VA Capitol Health Care Network Mental Illness Research Education and Clinical Center, Baltimore, MD, USA
Schizophr Bull 36:48-70. 2010....
- Evidence of exacerbated cognitive deficits in schizophrenia patients with comorbid diabetesDwight Dickinson
VISN 5 Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Psychosomatics 49:123-31. 2008....
- Less unique variance than meets the eye: overlap among traditional neuropsychological dimensions in schizophreniaDwight Dickinson
VISN 5 Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Schizophr Bull 34:423-34. 2008..The ability of such batteries to reveal cognitive domain-specific treatment effects in schizophrenia may be much more limited than is generally assumed...
- General and specific cognitive deficits in schizophreniaDwight Dickinson
Veterans Affairs Capitol Health Care Network, Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center, 10 North Greene Street, Suite 6A, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Biol Psychiatry 55:826-33. 2004..The issue has implications for assessment practice, intervention design, and the exploration of schizophrenia genetics...
- Overlooking the obvious: a meta-analytic comparison of digit symbol coding tasks and other cognitive measures in schizophreniaDwight Dickinson
VISN 5 Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center, Department of Psychiatry, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 64:532-42. 2007..In focusing on potentially localizable cognitive impairments, the schizophrenia meta-analytic literature has overlooked the largest single impairment: on digit symbol coding tasks...
- A comparison of cognitive structure in schizophrenia patients and healthy controls using confirmatory factor analysisDwight Dickinson
Department of Psychiatry, University of Maryland School of Medicine, BT MIRECC, Baltimore, 21201, USA
Schizophr Res 85:20-9. 2006..Cognitive ability, as reflected in test performance, appears to be more unitary in schizophrenia than in healthy subjects. This finding may have measurement and treatment implications...
- Systemic hypotheses for generalized cognitive deficits in schizophrenia: a new take on an old problemDwight Dickinson
Schizophr Bull 35:403-14. 2009..Other, more speculative hypotheses focus on even broader somatic systems, including energy metabolism and inflammatory processes. Treatment implications of systemic conceptualizations of schizophrenia are also considered...
- Social/communication skills, cognition, and vocational functioning in schizophreniaDwight Dickinson
Schizophr Bull 33:1213-20. 2007....
- Characteristics of the cation cotransporter NKCC1 in human brain: alternate transcripts, expression in development, and potential relationships to brain function and schizophreniaYukitaka Morita
Clinical Brain Disorders Branch, Genes, Cognition, and Psychosis Program, Division of Intramural Research Programs, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, Department of Psychiatry, Hiroshima City Hospital, Hiroshima City, Hiroshima Prefecture, 730 8518, Japan, Lieber Institute for Brain Development, Johns Hopkins Medical Campus, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, Neurodevelopmental and Neuropsychiatric Genetics Laboratory, Departments of Psychiatry and Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado 80045, and Departments of Psychiatry, Neurology, Neuroscience and the McKusick Nathans Institute of Genetic Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205
J Neurosci 34:4929-40. 2014....
- The development of a computer-assisted cognitive remediation program for patients with schizophreniaAlan S Bellack
VA Capitol Health Care Network MIRECC, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Isr J Psychiatry Relat Sci 42:5-14. 2005..The potential of psychosocial and pharmacological interventions, alone and in combination, for cognitive impairment in schizophrenia is a promising research issue...
- Independence and overlap among neurocognitive correlates of community functioning in schizophreniaDwight Dickinson
VA Capitol Network Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center, VA Maryland Health Care System, 10 N Greene Street, Room 6A 165 BT MIRECC, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Schizophr Res 56:161-70. 2002..This improved understanding has implications for predictive models of community functioning, for cognitive rehabilitation and deficit compensation strategies, and for assessment practice...
- Lack of beneficial galantamine effect for smoking behavior: a double-blind randomized trial in people with schizophreniaDeanna L Kelly
Maryland Psychiatric Research Center, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Box 22147 Baltimore, MD 21228, United States
Schizophr Res 103:161-8. 2008..53, df=1, p=0.019), for an effect size of 0.4. These results suggest that galantamine has no effect on cigarette smoking and that during galantamine treatment nicotine dependency scores worsen...
- Factor analysis of neurocognitive tests in a large sample of schizophrenic probands, their siblings, and healthy controlsMargo R Genderson
Clinical Brain Disorders Branch, Genes, Cognition and Psychosis Program, National Institute of Mental Health, NIH, 10 Center Drive, CRC 7 5342, Bethesda, MD 20892, United States
Schizophr Res 94:231-9. 2007..Furthermore, these findings provide the first confirmation that cognitive structure is comparable in family members of schizophrenia patients, as well as in patients themselves and controls...
- Adjuvant therapeutic effects of galantamine on apathy in a schizophrenia patientDavid S Arnold
J Clin Psychiatry 65:1723-4. 2004
- Cognitive Remediation for SchizophreniaDwight Dickinson; Fiscal Year: 2006..Preliminary work has helped us identify these components and meld them into a workable, promising program. The program needs to be further standardized and piloted before it can be examined in a large clinical trial. ..