Melissa E DeRosier
- Building relationships and combating bullying: effectiveness of a school-based social skills group interventionMelissa E DeRosier
3 C Institute for Social Development, Cary, NC 27511, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 33:196-201. 2004..Discussion focuses on the benefits of heterogeneous versus homogeneous groups of participants and the potential value of utilizing generic social skills training protocols...
- Teacher preference, peer rejection, and student aggression: a prospective study of transactional influence and independent contributions to emotional adjustment and gradesSterett H Mercer
3 C Institute for Social Development, Cary, NC, USA
J Sch Psychol 46:661-85. 2008..Discussion focuses on the relevance of the results within a transactional model of school adaptation...
- Strengthening sociometric prediction: scientific advances in the assessment of children's peer relationsMelissa E DeRosier
3 C Institute for Social Development, Cary, NC 27513, USA
Child Dev 74:1379-92. 2003..Findings support that increasing the sensitivity of sociometric measurement results in both greater predictive strength and enhanced understanding of underlying social processes...
- The efficacy of a Social Skills Group Intervention for improving social behaviors in children with High Functioning Autism Spectrum disordersMelissa E DeRosier
The 3 C Institute for Social Development, 1901 North Harrison Avenue, Suite 200, Cary, NC 27513, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 41:1033-43. 2011..The advantages of a specialized intervention such as S.S.GRIN-HFA, designed specifically for children with high functioning autism spectrum disorders, are discussed...
- Effect of children's perceived rejection on physical aggressionVito S Guerra
Department of Psychology Social and Health Sciences, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina 27708, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 32:551-63. 2004..Results are discussed in terms of mechanisms that might mediate the relation between perceived rejection and physical aggression...
- Building friendships and combating bullying: effectiveness of S.S.GRIN at one-year follow-upMelissa E DeRosier
3 C Institute for Social Development and Frank Porter Graham Child Development Institute, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill NC 27513, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 34:140-50. 2005..The demonstrated value of teaching social skills to children experiencing peer problems is discussed and suggestions for future research are offered...