Affiliation: Denver Health Medical Center
- Bacterial contamination of healthcare workers' uniforms: a randomized controlled trial of antimicrobial scrubsMarisha Burden
Division of Hospital Medicine, Denver Health, Denver, CO 80204, USA
J Hosp Med 8:380-5. 2013..Healthcare workers' (HCWs) uniforms become contaminated with bacteria during normal use, and this may contribute to hospital-acquired infections. Antimicrobial uniforms are currently marketed as a means of reducing this contamination...
- Prospective comparison of curbside versus formal consultationsMarisha Burden
Department of Medicine, Denver Health, Denver, Colorado, USA
J Hosp Med 8:31-5. 2013..Curbside consultations are commonly requested during the care of hospitalized patients, but physicians perceive that the recommendations provided may be based on inaccurate or incomplete information...
- Newly cleaned physician uniforms and infrequently washed white coats have similar rates of bacterial contamination after an 8-hour workday: a randomized controlled trialMarisha Burden
Department of Internal Medicine, Denver Health, Denver, Colorado, USA
J Hosp Med 6:177-82. 2011..Governmental agencies in the United Kingdom and Scotland have recently instituted guidelines banning physicians' white coats and the wearing of long-sleeved garments to decrease nosocomial transmission of bacteria...
- Effectiveness of a course designed to teach handoffs to medical studentsEugene S Chu
Department of Medicine, Denver Health Medical Center, Denver, Colorado 80204 4507, USA
J Hosp Med 5:344-8. 2010..A significant number, if not the large majority, of first-year Internal Medicine residents have not received formal education pertaining to handoffs during medical school...
- A Hospitalist mentoring program to sustain interest in healthcare careers in under-represented minority undergraduatesLilia Cervantes
Department of Medicine, Denver Health, Denver, Colorado Department of Medicine, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado
J Hosp Med 9:586-9. 2014..Under-represented minority (URM) undergraduate students are 50% less likely to maintain interest in medical careers...
- Postdischarge problems identified by telephone calls to an advice lineSarah A Stella
Department of Medicine, Denver Health Medical Center, Denver, Colorado Department of Internal Medicine, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado
J Hosp Med 9:695-9. 2014..Problems experienced after hospital discharge can result in rehospitalizations and unscheduled urgent and emergent care...
- A structured handoff program for internsEugene S Chu
Division of Hospital Medicine, Denver Health Medical Center, Denver, Colorado 80204 4507, USA
Acad Med 84:347-52. 2009..To develop, teach, and supervise a structured process for handing off patient care and to evaluate its effect on interns' knowledge, skills, and attitudes toward handoffs...