Genomes and Genes
- CPAP therapy of obstructive sleep apnea in type 2 diabetics improves glycemic control during sleepArthur Dawson
Scripps Clinic Sleep Center Division of Chest and Critical Care Medicine, Scripps Clinic, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 4:538-42. 2008..However, endpoints such as hemoglobin A1c and insulin sensitivity might not reflect short-term changes in glycemic control during sleep...
- Melatonin effects on luteinizing hormone in postmenopausal women: a pilot clinical trial NCT00288262Daniel F Kripke
Scripps Clinic Sleep Center, 10666 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
BMC Womens Health 6:8. 2006..Thus, if melatonin suppressed this pulse generator in postmenopausal women, it might moderate hot flashes. This clinical trial tested the hypothesis that melatonin could suppress LH and relieve hot flashes...
- Type III home sleep testing versus pulse oximetry: is the respiratory disturbance index better than the oxygen desaturation index to predict the apnoea-hypopnoea index measured during laboratory polysomnography?Arthur Dawson
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Scripps Clinic Viterbi Family Sleep Centre, La Jolla, California, USA
BMJ Open 5:e007956. 2015....
- Genetic variants associated with sleep disordersDaniel F Kripke
Viterbi Family Sleep Center, Scripps Clinic, La Jolla, CA, USA Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA, USA Electronic address
Sleep Med 16:217-24. 2015..We collected clinical data and DNA from consenting patients scheduled to undergo clinical polysomnograms, to expand our understanding of the polymorphisms associated with the phenotypes of particular sleep disorders...
- Genotyping sleep disorders patientsDaniel F Kripke
Scripps Clinic Sleep Center, La Jolla, California, USA
Psychiatry Investig 7:36-42. 2010..Several candidate polymorphisms for sleep disorders have been proposed, but there has as yet inadequate replication or validation that the candidates may be useful in the clinical setting...
- Nasal cytology: a marker of clinically silent inflammation in patients with obstructive sleep apnea and a predictor of noncompliance with nasal CPAP therapyFarhad F Shadan
Scripps Clinic Sleep Center, La Jolla, CA 92037 1027, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 1:266-70. 2005..We studied patients before and after initiation of nasal CPAP to see how treatment affected nasal function and markers of nasal inflammation. We searched for pretreatment findings that might help to predict noncompliance...
- Meta-analyses of hypnotics and infections: eszopiclone, ramelteon, zaleplon, and zolpidemFlorendo L Joya
Scripps Clinic Sleep Center, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 5:377-83. 2009..Recent meta-analyses raising concern about risks of hypnotics suggest a need for more clarification of these risks...