L L Davis
- Post-traumatic stress disorder and serotonin: new directions for research and treatmentL L Davis
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Tuscaloosa, AL 35404, USA
J Psychiatry Neurosci 22:318-26. 1997..Further investigation of a serotonergic dysfunction in PTSD and of its treatment with serotonergic agents is warranted...
- Comprehensive review of the psychiatric uses of valproateL L Davis
Veteran s Affairs Medical Center, Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35404, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 20:1S-17S. 2000..The authors conclude with a brief summary of its mechanism of action and therapeutic spectrum...
- Nefazodone treatment for chronic posttraumatic stress disorder: an open trialL L Davis
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center at Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35404, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 20:159-64. 2000..In summary, nefazodone treatment improved the symptoms of PTSD, including the core symptoms. Placebo-controlled studies should be undertaken to further elucidate the efficacy of nefazodone in the treatment of PTSD...
- Pharmacotherapy for post-traumatic stress disorder: a comprehensive reviewL L Davis
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 3701 Loop Road East, Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35404, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 2:1583-95. 2001..Also, there are virtually no data on pharmacotherapy for acute stress reaction or for PTSD in children. Future directions for research may focus on combination treatment in the more treatment-resistant patient populations...
- Growth hormone response to the GABAB agonist baclofen in major depressive disorderL L Davis
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75216, USA
Psychoneuroendocrinology 22:129-40. 1997..Age significantly correlated with GH response, with older subjects having lower GH response to baclofen. These data do not suggest that a blunted GH response to baclofen. represents a specific neuroendocrine feature of major depression...