Michael J Sateia
Affiliation: Dartmouth Medical School
- Update on sleep and psychiatric disordersMichael J Sateia
Section of Sleep Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, Section of Sleep Medicine, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Chest 135:1370-9. 2009....
- Sleep and cancer: recent developmentsMichael J Sateia
Section of Sleep Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, One Medical Center Drive, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Curr Oncol Rep 10:309-18. 2008..Several studies are addressing pharmacotherapeutic intervention for hot flashes as a potential source of sleep disturbance. Other sleep disorders, most notably obstructive sleep apnea, also occur with some regularity in cancer patients...
- Efficacy and clinical safety of ramelteon: an evidence-based reviewMichael J Sateia
Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, USA
Sleep Med Rev 12:319-32. 2008..Animal studies, and a single human study suggest low abuse potential. Single-blind run-out from clinical trials have demonstrated no evidence of rebound insomnia...
- Driving while sleepy should not be a criminal offense: the case for caution. ConMichael J Sateia
Dartmouth Medical School and Section of Sleep Medicine, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 1:341-3. 2005
- Distinguishing between excessive daytime sleepiness and fatigue: toward improved detection and treatmentWilfred R Pigeon
Sleep Disorders Center, Department of Psychiatry, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
J Psychosom Res 54:61-9. 2003..The similarity of EDS and fatigue may create diagnostic ambiguity and thereby contribute to under-identification and under-treatment. Fatigue, in particular, is thought to be difficult to manage when it is identified...
- The Dartmouth sleep knowledge and attitude survey: development and validationMichael J Sateia
Department of Psychiatry, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Sleep Med 6:47-54. 2005..To construct and validate an instrument for the purpose of assessing effectiveness of curriculum development and educational interventions in sleep medicine...
- Neuropsychological impairment and quality of life in obstructive sleep apneaMichael J Sateia
Department of Psychiatry, Dartmouth Medical School, Sleep Disorders Center, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, 1 Medical Center Drive, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Clin Chest Med 24:249-59. 2003....
- Headache complaints in relation to nocturnal oxygen saturation among patients with sleep apnea syndromeGlen P Greenough
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Sleep Disorders Center, One Medical Center Drive, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Sleep Med 3:361-4. 2002..Given the relationship between oxygen and other headache syndromes, nocturnal hypoxia might be one factor contributing to headaches in SAS...
- InsomniaMichael J Sateia
Dartmouth Medical School, Dartmouth Hitchcock Sleep Disorders Center, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Lancet 364:1959-73. 2004..Non-pharmacological treatments, particularly stimulus control and sleep restriction, are effective for conditioned aspects of insomnia and are associated with durable long-term improvement in sleep...
- Identification and management of insomniaMichael J Sateia
Section of Behavioral Medicine, Sleep Disorders Center, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Med Clin North Am 88:567-96, vii. 2004
- Is insomnia a perpetuating factor for late-life depression in the IMPACT cohort?Wilfred R Pigeon
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester NY, USA
Sleep 31:481-8. 2008..The present longitudinal study examines the relationship of insomnia to the continuation of depression in the context of an intervention study in elderly subjects...
- Increasing public awarenessMichael J Sateia
J Clin Sleep Med 1:117-8. 2005