Richard I Rothstein
Affiliation: Dartmouth Medical School
- Endoscopic suturing for gastroesophageal reflux disease: clinical outcome with the Bard EndoCinchRichard I Rothstein
Section of Gastroenterology Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, One Medical Drive, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Gastrointest Endosc Clin N Am 13:89-101. 2003..The authors need additional studies to define the effect of endoluminal plication on the function of the lower esophageal sphincter to optimize its benefit for patients...
- Endoscopic therapy of gastroesophageal reflux disease: outcomes of the randomized-controlled trials done to dateRichard I Rothstein
Section of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 42:594-602. 2008..There are several newer devices under study or in development, and further testing and experience will demonstrate their capabilities in the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease...
- The diagnosis of gastroesophageal reflux diseaseBrian E Lacy
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Am J Med 123:583-92. 2010..The utility of commonly used tests for the diagnosis of gastroesophageal reflux disease has not been adequately reviewed...
- Symptoms and treatment burden of gastroesophageal reflux disease: validating the GERD assessment scalesJean Y Liu
Department of Surgery, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, White River Junction, VT, USA
Arch Intern Med 164:2058-64. 2004..A comprehensive assessment instrument that measures the burden of both symptoms and treatment is needed to determine the optimal management of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), and we developed such an instrument...
- Radiofrequency ablation for long- and ultralong-segment Barrett's esophagus: a comparative long-term follow-up studyParambir S Dulai
Department of Medicine, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 77:534-41. 2013..Ablating ultralong-segment Barrett's esophagus (ULSBE) may be associated with increased stricture formation, eradication failure, and treatment session requirements...
- Radiofrequency ablation for Barrett's-associated intramucosal carcinoma: a multi-center follow-up studyAdam C Strauss
Department of Medicine, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH, USA
Surg Endosc 28:3366-72. 2014..Its durability in eradicating Barrett's-associated intramucosal carcinoma (IMC), however, is unclear. We set out to assess the long-term safety and efficacy of RFA for IMC...
- Disseminated sarcoidosis presenting as granulomatous gastritis: a clinical review of the gastrointestinal and hepatic manifestations of sarcoidosisParambir S Dulai
Department of Medicine, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 46:367-74. 2012..We anticipate that this review may be useful for clinicians who face these diagnostic dilemmas and management decisions for this complex and variable condition...
- Endoscopic submucosal dissection by using a flexible Maryland dissector: a randomized, controlled, porcine study (with videos)Daniel von Renteln
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, New Hampshire 03756, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 71:1056-62. 2010..Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) is a minimally invasive method for en bloc removal of GI lesions. Current ESD methods and devices have limitations, including long procedure times, technical difficulty, safety, and availability...
- Training for NOTESL Campbell Levy
Section of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, One Medical Center Drive, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Gastrointest Endosc Clin N Am 18:343-60; x. 2008..This article highlights a body of knowledge and skills needed to become a NOTES proceduralist and review the current training paradigms for gastrointestinal endoscopists and surgeons...
- Folic acid for the prevention of colorectal adenomas: a randomized clinical trialBernard F Cole
Department of Community and Family Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH, USA
JAMA 297:2351-9. 2007..Laboratory and epidemiological data suggest that folic acid may have an antineoplastic effect in the large intestine...
- Safety and tolerability of transoral Bravo capsule placement after transnasal manometry using a validated conversion factorBrian E Lacy
Section of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, New Hampshire 03756, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 102:24-32. 2007....
- Endoscopic therapy for gastroesophageal reflux diseaseRichard I Rothstein
Section of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Dartmouth Medical School, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, One Medical Center Drive, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Surg Clin North Am 85:949-65, vi. 2005..This article describes available endoscopic therapies, discusses their effectiveness and duration of response, and reviews their failures and complications...
- Determining an appropriate threshold for referral to surgery for gastroesophageal reflux diseaseJean Y Liu
Department of Surgery, VA Medical Center, White River Junction, VT, USA
Surgery 133:5-12. 2003....
- Risk of early surgery for Crohn's disease: implications for early treatment strategiesBruce E Sands
Gastrointestinal Unit and Center for the Study of IBD, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, GRJ 7, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 98:2712-8. 2003..In this study we aimed to define the rate of early surgery for Crohn's disease and to identify risk factors associated with early surgery as a basis for subsequent studies of early intervention in Crohn's disease...
- A randomized, controlled comparison of ibuprofen at the maximal over-the-counter dose compared with prescription-dose celecoxib on upper gastrointestinal mucosal injuryJames M Scheiman
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 48109 0362, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 2:290-5. 2004..We compared endoscopic injury related to nonprescription ibuprofen doses with celecoxib, also comparing prescription doses of naproxen with placebo as a positive control...
- [American Gastroenterological Association Institute medical position statement on the use of endoscopic therapy for gastroesophageal reflux disease]Gary W Falk
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Center for Swallowing and Esophageal Disorders, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Rev Gastroenterol Mex 71:512-43. 2006
- Endoscopic closure of colon perforation compared to surgery in a porcine model: a randomized controlled trial (with videos)Gottumukkala S Raju
Department of Medicine and Surgery, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 68:324-32. 2008..Endoscopic closure of inadvertent or intentional colon perforations might be valuable if comparable to surgical closure...
- Sedationless upper endoscopyAmitabh Chak
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Rev Gastroenterol Disord 6:13-21. 2006..Unsedated upper endoscopy can provide an efficient, cost-effective alternative to standard endoscopy, should be useful for endoscopic screening, and can be offered as an option to conventional sedated examination...
- AGA Institute medical position statement on the use of endoscopic therapy for gastroesophageal reflux diseaseGary W Falk
Clinical Practice and Economics Committee, AGA Institute National Office, c o Membership Department, 4930 Del Ray Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Gastroenterology 131:1313-4. 2006..quot; It was approved by the Clinical Practice and Economics Committee on June 20, 2006, and by the AGA Institute Governing Board on July 24, 2006...
- AGA Institute technical review on the use of endoscopic therapy for gastroesophageal reflux diseaseGary W Falk
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Center for Swallowing and Esophageal Disorders, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
Gastroenterology 131:1315-36. 2006
- The Stretta procedure for the treatment of GERD: 6 and 12 month follow-up of the U.S. open label trialGeorge Triadafilopoulos
Gastroenterology and Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery Sections, VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 55:149-56. 2002..This multicenter prospective study investigated the longer-term (12 month) safety and efficacy of radiofrequency energy delivery for the treatment of GERD...