Stanley D Rosenberg
Affiliation: Dartmouth Medical School
- Correlates of adverse childhood events among adults with schizophrenia spectrum disordersStanley D Rosenberg
Department of Psychiatry, Dartmouth Medical School, 2 Whipple Pl, Lebanon, NH 03766, USA stan
Psychiatr Serv 58:245-53. 2007..This study evaluated the relationship between adverse experiences in childhood and functional, clinical, and health outcomes among adults with schizophrenia...
- The trauma of psychosis: posttraumatic stress disorder and recent onset psychosisKim T Mueser
Department of Psychiatry, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH, USA
Schizophr Res 116:217-27. 2010....
- Interpersonal trauma and posttraumatic stress disorder in patients with severe mental illness: demographic, clinical, and health correlatesKim T Mueser
Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH, USA
Schizophr Bull 30:45-57. 2004....
- Development of a screening tool to identify adolescents engaged in multiple problem behaviors: the Adolescent Risk Behavior Screen (ARBS)M Kay Jankowski
Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, New Hampshire, USA
J Adolesc Health 40:180.e19-26. 2007....
- Assessing the STIRR model of best practices for blood-borne infections of clients with severe mental illnessStanley D Rosenberg
Departments of Psychiatry and of Community and Family Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Psychiatr Serv 61:885-91. 2010..The intervention tested was designed to facilitate integrated infectious disease programming in mental health settings and to increase acceptance of such services among clients...
- Hepatitis C treatment for people with severe mental illnessLisa A Mistler
Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover NH, USA
Psychosomatics 47:93-107. 2006..This article reviews the available data on neuropsychiatric side effects of interferon (IFN) treatment, discusses the limitations of the current research, and makes recommendations regarding HCV treatment in persons with SMI...
- Case report of 3 patients with severe mental illness and chronic hepatitis C virus infection treated with interferon-alphaLisa A Mistler
Dartmouth College Medical School and New Hampshire Hospital, USA
Int J Psychiatry Med 36:449-55. 2006..These case reports add support to the growing body of evidence that persons with severe mental illness and substance use disorders can be successfully treated for hepatitis C with careful monitoring and psychiatric oversight...
- Fundamental principles of evidence-based medicine applied to mental health careRobert E Drake
Department of Psychiatry, Dartmouth Medical School, Psychiatric Research Center, 2 Whipple Place, Lebanon, NH 03766, USA
Psychiatr Clin North Am 26:811-20, vii. 2003..These principles have important implications for the adoption of evidence-based practices in mental health care...
- Responding to blood-borne infections among persons with severe mental illnessMary F Brunette
New Hampshire Dartmouth Psychiatric Research Center and Dartmouth Medical School, 105 Pleasant Street, Concord, New Hampshire 03301, USA
Psychiatr Serv 54:860-5. 2003..In addition, expansion of integrated dual disorders treatments and improving linkage with specialty medical care providers are recommended...
- A randomized controlled trial of cognitive-behavioral treatment for posttraumatic stress disorder in severe mental illnessKim T Mueser
Department of Psychiatry and Community and Family Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, Concord, New Hampshire, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 76:259-71. 2008..The findings suggest that clients with severe mental illness and PTSD can benefit from CBT, despite severe symptoms, suicidal thinking, psychosis, and vulnerability to hospitalizations...
- A clinical trial comparing interviewer and computer-assisted assessment among clients with severe mental illnessGeorge Wolford
Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Psychiatr Serv 59:769-75. 2008..A randomized clinical trial of 245 clients was carried out to compare face-to face and computer-assisted interviewing (233 clients completed two surveys)...
- The five-site health and risk study of blood-borne infections among persons with severe mental illnessStanley D Rosenberg
New Hampshire Dartmouth Psychiatric Research Center of Dartmouth Medical School, 2 Whipple Place, Suite 202, Lebanon, New Hampshire 03768, USA
Psychiatr Serv 54:827-35. 2003..Finally, each of the articles in this special section is briefly outlined, with reference to the overall hypotheses of the studies...
- Expressive disclosure and health outcomes in a prostate cancer populationHarriet J Rosenberg
Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, New Hampshire, USA
Int J Psychiatry Med 32:37-53. 2002....
- Evaluation of cognitive restructuring for post-traumatic stress disorder in people with severe mental illnessKim T Mueser
Kim T Mueser, PhD, Jennifer D Gottlieb, PhD, Center for Psychiatric Rehabilitation, Sargent College of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, Boston University, Boston, USA Haiyi Xie, PhD, Dartmouth Psychiatric Research Center, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Lebanon, USA, Weili Lu, PhD, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences University, Piscataway, USA Philip T Yanos, PhD, John Jay College of Criminal Justice, City University of New York, New York, USA Stanley D Rosenberg, PhD, Dartmouth Psychiatric Research Center, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Lebanon, USA, Steven M Silverstein, PhD, Stephanie Marcello Duva, PhD, Shula Minsky, PhD, Rutgers University Behavioral Health Care, Piscataway, USA Rosemarie S Wolfe, MS, Gregory J McHugo, Shanghai 200040
Br J Psychiatry 206:501-8. 2015....
- Single and multiple suicide attempts and associated health risk factors in New Hampshire adolescentsHarriet J Rosenberg
Dartmouth Medical School, Department of Psychiatry, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Suicide Life Threat Behav 35:547-57. 2005..26-13.57). Repeated suicide attempts appear to be related to increased vulnerability and likelihood of harm in multiple domains of health risk...
- Hepatitis C virus and HIV co-infection in people with severe mental illness and substance use disordersStanley D Rosenberg
Dartmouth Medical School, Dartmouth College, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
AIDS 19:S26-33. 2005..However, little is known about HIV/HCV co-infection in this population. This paper examines the prevalence and correlates of HIV, hepatitis C, and HIV/HCV co-infection in a large, multisite sample of SMI clients...
- Trauma, PTSD, and the course of severe mental illness: an interactive modelKim T Mueser
Department of Psychiatry, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanaver, NH, USA
Schizophr Res 53:123-43. 2002..We conclude with a brief discussion of directions for future research aimed at evaluating components of the model...
- Symptom correlates of posttraumatic stress disorder in clients with borderline personality disorderElisa E Bolton
Department of Psychiatry, New Hampshire Dartmouth Psychiatric Research Center, Hanover, USA
Compr Psychiatry 47:357-61. 2006....
- Regular sources of medical care among persons with severe mental illness at risk of hepatitis C infectionMarvin S Swartz
Department of psychiatry and behavioral sciences of Duke University Medical Center, Box 3173, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Psychiatr Serv 54:854-9. 2003....
- Substance abuse and the transmission of hepatitis C among persons with severe mental illnessFred C Osher
Center of Behavioral Health, Justice, and Public Policy at the University of Maryland School of Medicine, 3700 Koppers Street, Suite 402, Baltimore, Maryland 21227, USA
Psychiatr Serv 54:842-7. 2003..The authors sought to better understand the relationship of substance abuse to higher rates of transmission of hepatitis C among persons with severe mental illness...
- Risk factors for HIV, hepatitis B, and hepatitis C among persons with severe mental illnessSusan M Essock
Department of psychiatry at Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Box 1230, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, New York 10029 6574, USA
Psychiatr Serv 54:836-41. 2003..This study extends earlier findings by examining the factors that are most predictive of serologic status among persons with severe mental illness...
- The social-environmental context of violent behavior in persons treated for severe mental illnessJeffrey W Swanson
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Am J Public Health 92:1523-31. 2002..This study examined the prevalence and correlates of violent behavior by individuals with severe mental illness...