Affiliation: Dartmouth Medical School
- "Reform without change": update, 1998M G Regan-Smith
Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Acad Med 73:505-7. 1998..Separation of scientific research from medical school teaching is necessary for reform of medical education. Medical students need to be taught by teachers who are not researchers...
- Direct observation of faculty with feedback: an effective means of improving patient-centered and learner-centered teaching skillsMartha Regan-Smith
Department of Medicine and of Community, Center for Evaluative Clinical Sciences at Dartmouth, Health Care Improvement Leadership Development, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA
Teach Learn Med 19:278-86. 2007..In 2002 Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network Internal Medicine residency program sought to establish a faculty development program for their teaching faculty that emphasized learner-centered teaching of patient-centered care...
- Exploring and embracing complexity in a distance-learning curriculum for physiciansGreg Ogrinc
White River Junction VA Medical Center, White River Junction, Vermont 05009, USA
Acad Med 78:280-5. 2003....
- Teaching residents chronic disease management using the Flinders modelMartha Regan-Smith
Department of Medicine and Community, Dartmouth School, The Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network, Allentown, Pennsylvania, USA
J Cancer Educ 21:60-2. 2006
- An efficient and effective teaching model for ambulatory educationMartha Regan-Smith
Center for Clinical Evaluative Sciences, Health Care Improvement Leadership Development, Darmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Acad Med 77:593-9. 2002..Barriers to implementation include too few examining rooms, inability to manipulate patient appointment schedules, and learners' not being present in a teaching clinic all the time...
- Teaching focused histories and physical exams in ambulatory care: a multi-institutional randomized trialDeborah Peltier
Department of Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover and Lebanon, New Hampshire 03756, USA
Teach Learn Med 19:244-50. 2007..We needed specific strategies for students in diverse outpatient settings to more uniformly learn focused history and physical exam skills...
- Residency education, preventive medicine, and population health care improvement: the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Leadership Preventive Medicine approachTina Foster
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center DHMC, Dartmouth Hitchcock Leadership Preventive Medicine Residency DHLPMR Program, Lebanon, NH, USA
Acad Med 83:390-8. 2008....