William A Alto
Affiliation: Dartmouth Medical School
- Management of women treated with buprenorphine during pregnancyWilliam A Alto
Maine Dartmouth Family Medicine Residency, Fairfield, ME, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 205:302-8. 2011..Her obstetrical care is further complicated by the unique pharmacology of buprenorphine and the issues of pain management. Obstetrical providers should be familiar with the complex issues surrounding the optimal care of these women...
- Human metapneumovirus: a newly described respiratory tract pathogenWilliam A Alto
Maine Dartmouth Family Practice Residency, Fairfield 04937, USA
J Am Board Fam Pract 17:466-9. 2004..No commercial laboratory tests or treatments are available. Primary care physicians should maintain vigilance for outbreaks of newly discovered and emerging respiratory illnesses...
- No need for glycosuria/proteinuria screen in pregnant womenWilliam A Alto
Maine Dartmouth Family Practice Residency, Fairfield, Maine, USA
J Fam Pract 54:978-83. 2005..Each pregnant woman averages 7 visits. Most include urine testing for glucose and protein to screen for gestational diabetes and preeclampsia. Is there sufficient scientific evidence to support this routine practice?..
- Does concurrent in utero exposure to buprenorphine and antidepressant medications influence the course of neonatal abstinence syndrome?Alane B O'Connor
a Dartmouth Medical School, Maine Dartmouth Family Medicine Residency, Waterville, ME, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 29:112-4. 2016..To determine whether concurrent in utero exposure to buprenorphine and antidepressants impacts the course of neonatal abstinence syndrome (NAS) in infants...
- Maternal Buprenorphine Dose at Delivery and Its Relationship to Neonatal OutcomesAlane B O'Connor
Dartmouth Medical School, Maine Dartmouth Family Medicine Residency, Waterville, Maine, USA
Eur Addict Res 22:127-30. 2016..To determine whether there is a dose-response relationship between maternal dose of buprenorphine at delivery and neonatal outcomes...
- Breastfeeding rates and the relationship between breastfeeding and neonatal abstinence syndrome in women maintained on buprenorphine during pregnancyAlane B O'Connor
Maine Dartmouth Family Medicine Residency, 4 Sheridan Drive, Fairfield, ME 04937, USA
J Midwifery Womens Health 58:383-8. 2013..The second objective was to determine whether breastfeeding is related to the duration, severity, and frequency of pharmacologic treatment for neonatal abstinence syndrome (NAS)...
- Routine prenatal urine dipstick testingWilliam A Alto
J Reprod Med 52:984. 2007