Dustin J Stairs
Affiliation: Creighton University
- Rate-dependent effects of bupropion on nicotine self-administration and food-maintained responding in ratsDustin J Stairs
Department of Psychology, Jacksonville State University, 700 Pelhan Road North, Jacksonville, AL 36265, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 90:701-11. 2008..Furthermore, the results from the present study suggest that motivational variables (i.e. food deprivation) may be used to control for response rate differences maintained by drug and non-drug reinforcers...
- Nicotine and cocaine self-administration using a multiple schedule of intravenous drug and sucrose reinforcement in ratsDustin J Stairs
Department of Psychology, Creighton University, Omaha, Nebraska 68178 0321, USA
Behav Pharmacol 21:182-93. 2010..These results indicate that i.v. nicotine maintains responding under a multiple schedule. This procedure may be useful when studying the specificity of drug pretreatments on nicotine self-administration...
- Environmental-induced differences in corticosterone and glucocorticoid receptor blockade of amphetamine self-administration in ratsDustin J Stairs
Department of Psychology, Creighton University, Hixson Lied, Room 308 2500 California Plaza, Omaha, NE 68178 0321, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 218:293-301. 2011..Rats raised in isolation self-administer more amphetamine than rats raised in enrichment...
- Lobelane decreases methamphetamine self-administration in ratsNichole M Neugebauer
Department of Psychology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 571:33-8. 2007....
- Effects of environmental enrichment on extinction and reinstatement of amphetamine self-administration and sucrose-maintained respondingDustin J Stairs
Department of Psychology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0509, USA
Behav Pharmacol 17:597-604. 2006..Environmental enrichment also raised the reinstatement threshold specific to the amphetamine prime, suggesting a reduction in the incentive motivational effect of amphetamine...
- Effects of environmental enrichment on nicotine-induced sensitization and cross-sensitization to d-amphetamine in ratsEmily Adams
Creighton University, Department of Psychology, Omaha, NE 68178, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 129:247-53. 2013..Although previous nicotine exposure can increase sensitivity to stimulant drugs, rats raised in enriched conditions (EC) show, decreased sensitivity to psychostimulant drugs compared to rats raised in isolation conditions (IC)...
- Neurobehavioral effects of environmental enrichment and drug abuse vulnerabilityDustin J Stairs
Creighton University, Department of Psychology, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 92:377-82. 2009..Some critical neural mechanisms that may mediate the behavioral changes are postulated, along with some notes of caution about the limitations of the work cited...