Affiliation: Creighton University
- Mentoring for women and underrepresented minority faculty and students: experience at two institutions of higher educationOmofolasade Kosoko-Lasaki
Creighton University Health Sciences Multicultural and Community Affairs and Medical School, Omaha, NE 68178, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 98:1449-59. 2006..The mentoring models for women and underrepresented minority faculty and students at Creighton University Health Sciences Schools and Wake Forest University School of Medicine will serve as a guide for other Health Sciences Schools...
- Race, ethnicity and prevalence of primary open-angle glaucomaOmofolasade Kosoko-Lasaki
Department of Surgery, Creighton University, Omaha, NE 68178, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 98:1626-9. 2006..Recently, some authors pooled data from studies on the Dutch, Australians and Americans of European origin in an attempt to predict the prevalence of primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG) in the United States...
- Teacher education professionals as partners in health science outreachLynne E Houtz
Department of Education, Creighton University, 2500 California Plaza, Omaha, NE 68178, USA
J Allied Health 33:174-7. 2004..Specific examples and mistakes to avoid are included...
- Self-assessment of cultural attitudes and competence of clinical investigators to enhance recruitment and participation of minority populations in researchRichard L O'Brien
Creighton University, Center for Health Policy and Ethics, Omaha, Nebraska, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 98:674-82. 2006....
- Genetic dissection of myocilin glaucomaGordon Gong
Osteoporosis Research Center, Creighton University Omaha, NE 68131, USA
Hum Mol Genet 13:R91-102. 2004..Polymorphisms at several loci including MYOC are associated with POAG, and play an important role in the pathogenesis of POAG...
- Proximal versus distal influences on underrepresented minority students pursuing health professional careersRamie Cooney
Department of Psychology Creighton University, Omaha, NE, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 98:1471-5. 2006..We conclude that these findings have particular importance for planning and implementing student education programs...
- Satisfaction with and perceived cultural competency of healthcare providers: the minority experienceCynthia T Cook
Department of Sociology and Anthropology, Creighton University, Omaha, NE, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 97:1078-87. 2005....
- SHORT TERM TRAINING FOR MINORITY STUDENTS PROGRAMOmofolasade Kosoko; Fiscal Year: 2006..A colloquium will be held for students to report on their summer research experience and will mark the end of the training program. ..