- Subcutaneous specific immunotherapy for seasonal allergic rhinitis: a review of treatment practices in the US and EuropeLinda Cox
Nova Southeastern University Osteopathic College of Medicine, Florida, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 26:2723-33. 2010..Subcutaneous specific immunotherapy (SCIT) is claimed to be successful both in the US and Europe, yet treatment methodology differs...
- World Allergy Organization Systemic Allergic Reaction Grading System: Is a Modification Needed?Linda S Cox
Department of Medicine, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine at Holy Cross Hospital, Ft Lauderdale, Fla Electronic address
J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract 5:58-62.e5. 2017..The universal use of the proposed modified SAR grading system will allow for better safety comparisons across different venues and treatment protocols...
- New directions in immunotherapyLinda Cox
Department of Medicine, Nova Southeastern University, Davie, FL, USA
Curr Allergy Asthma Rep 13:178-95. 2013..These newer approaches may increase the utilization and adherence to AIT because the multi-year treatment requirement of currently available AIT is a likely deterrent for initiating and adhering to treatment...
- Clinical efficacy of 300IR 5-grass pollen sublingual tablet in a US study: the importance of allergen-specific serum IgELinda S Cox
Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 130:1327-34.e1. 2012..Previous trials have demonstrated the efficacy, safety, and optimal dosage of the 5-grass pollen sublingual tablet for adults and children with grass pollen-induced allergic rhinoconjunctivitis...
- Subcutaneous allergen immunotherapy for allergic disease: examining efficacy, safety and cost-effectiveness of current and novel formulationsLinda Cox
Department of Medicine, Nova Southeastern University, 5333 North Dixie Highway, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334, USA
Immunotherapy 4:601-16. 2012..The cost-effectiveness of SCIT compared with conventional medication treatment, novel indications and formulations for SCIT are also explored in this review...
- How safe are the biologicals in treating asthma and rhinitis?Linda S Cox
Department of Medicine, Nova Southeastern University Osteopathic College of Medicine, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
Allergy Asthma Clin Immunol 5:4. 2009..Long term studies in large patient populations may help clarify the risk-benefit profile of these biologic agents in the treatment of asthma...
- Comparison of allergen immunotherapy practice patterns in the United States and EuropeLinda Cox
Department of Medicine, Nova Southeastern University, College of Osteopathic Medicine, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33334, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 103:451-59; quiz 459-61, 495. 2009..To discuss important differences and similarities in the allergen specific immunotherapy (SIT) treatment practices for aeroallergen sensitivity in the United States and Europe...
- Speaking the same language: The World Allergy Organization Subcutaneous Immunotherapy Systemic Reaction Grading SystemLinda Cox
Nova Southeastern University School of Osteopathic Medicine, Davie, Fla, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 125:569-74, 574.e1-574.e7. 2010..A uniform classification system for grading SCIT SRs will be helpful in assessing more accurately when epinephrine should be administered. The primary purpose of this article is to discuss the proposed grading system for SCIT SRs...
- Standardized allergen extracts: past, present and futureLinda Cox
Nova Southeastern School of Osteopathic Medicine, 5333 North Dixie Highway, Suite 210, Ft Lauderdale, FL, USA
Expert Rev Clin Immunol 1:579-88. 2005..Functional assays, such as allergen skin tests, will provide information about the biologic function, but not about the specific composition of the extract...
- Allergen immunotherapy: immunomodulatory treatment for allergic diseasesLinda Cox
Nova Southeastern University School of Osteopathic Medicine, Davie Florida Office, 5333 North Dixie Highway, Suite 210, Ft Lauderdale, Florida 33334, USA
Expert Rev Clin Immunol 2:533-46. 2006..Sublingual immunotherapy is clearly safer than subcutaneous immunotherapy, but further investigation is needed to determine optimal dose and appropriate patient selection...
- Specific allergy immunotherapy for allergic rhinitis: subcutaneous and sublingualLinda Cox
Nova Southeastern University School of Osteopathic Medicine, Davie, FL, USA
Immunol Allergy Clin North Am 31:561-99. 2011..This review compares the efficacy, safety, preventive effect, immunologic mechanisms, and adherence rates associated with these two forms of SIT...
- Overview of serological-specific IgE antibody testing in childrenLinda Cox
Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33335, USA
Curr Allergy Asthma Rep 11:447-53. 2011..These advancements in serum IgE testing may enhance the precision of allergy diagnostic testing, which may decrease the need for oral food challenges and improve the specificity of allergen immunotherapy...
- Allergen immunotherapy practice in the United States: guidelines, measures, and outcomesLinda Cox
Nova Southeastern University, Ft Lauderdale, Florida, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 107:289-99; quiz 300. 2011..Recent comparative-effectiveness studies have demonstrated the cost-effectiveness of immunotherapy compared with symptomatic drug treatment...
- Allergen immunotherapy and asthma: efficacy, safety, and other considerationsLinda Cox
Department of Medicine, Nova Southeastern University Osteopathic College of Medicine, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334, USA
Allergy Asthma Proc 29:580-9. 2008..This review examines the efficacy, safety, and preventive effects of these two routes of immunotherapy...
- Pearls and pitfalls of allergy diagnostic testing: report from the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology/American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Specific IgE Test Task ForceLinda Cox
Department of Medicine, Nova Southeaster University Osteopathic College of Medicine, Davie, Florida 33334, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 101:580-92. 2008....
- Accelerated immunotherapy schedules: review of efficacy and safetyLinda Cox
Nova Southeastern University School of Osteopathic Medicine, Ft Lauderdale, Florida, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 97:126-37; quiz 137-40, 202. 2006..To provide a comprehensive evaluation of accelerated immunotherapy build-up schedules in terms of adverse reactions and clinical efficacy...
- Duration of allergen immunotherapy in respiratory allergy: when is enough, enough?Linda Cox
Allergy and Asthma Center, Ft Lauderdale, Florida 33334, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 98:416-26. 2007....
- Sublingual immunotherapy in pediatric allergic rhinitis and asthma: efficacy, safety, and practical considerationsLinda Cox
Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine, 5333 North Dixie Highway, Suite 210, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334, USA
Curr Allergy Asthma Rep 7:410-20. 2007..However, questions remain unanswered, including optimal therapeutic dose...
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology/American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Joint Task Force Report on omalizumab-associated anaphylaxisLinda Cox
Department of Clinical Medicine, Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Davie, FL 33334, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 120:1373-7. 2007..The OJTF report provides recommendations for physicians who prescribe Xolair (omalizumab) on (1) the suggested wait periods after administration and (2) patient education regarding anaphylaxis...
- Sublingual immunotherapy and allergic rhinitisLinda Cox
Nova Southeastern University Osteopathic College of Medicine, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334, USA
Curr Allergy Asthma Rep 8:102-10. 2008..SLIT appears to be a promising treatment for allergic rhinitis, but it is currently considered investigational in the United States until a formulation approved by the US Food and Drug Administration is available...
- Better documentation through standardized forms: what progress have we made since the 1800s?Linda Cox
Nova Southeastern University Ostheopathic School of Medicine, Allergy Asthma Center, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33334, USA
Allergy Asthma Proc 25:407-22. 2004....
- Instructions and consent forms for allergen immunotherapyLinda Cox
Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Ft Lauderdale, Florida, USA
Clin Allergy Immunol 18:755-84. 2004
- Advantages and disadvantages of accelerated immunotherapy schedulesLinda Cox
J Allergy Clin Immunol 122:432-4. 2008
- Allergy immunotherapy among Medicaid-enrolled children with allergic rhinitis: patterns of care, resource use, and costsCheryl S Hankin
BioMedEcon, LLC, PO Box 129, Moss Beach, CA 94038, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 121:227-32. 2008..Although research demonstrates that allergy immunotherapy (IT) improves allergic rhinitis (AR) outcomes, little is known about IT patterns of care and associated resource use and costs among US children with diagnoses of AR...
- Allergy diagnostic testing: an updated practice parameterI Leonard Bernstein
University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Ohio, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 100:S1-148. 2008
- The diagnosis and management of rhinitis: an updated practice parameterDana V Wallace
J Allergy Clin Immunol 122:S1-84. 2008
- Allergen immunotherapyLinda Cox
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 91:96-7; author reply 97-8. 2003
- Immunohistochemical demonstration of Francisella tularensis in lesions of cats with tularemiaBrad M DeBey
Department of Diagnostic Medicine Pathobiology, Kansas State University, Manhattan 66506, USA
J Vet Diagn Invest 14:162-4. 2002..tularensis in formalin-fixed tissue is valuable for establishing a rapid etiologic diagnosis under circumstances where fresh tissues may not be available for isolation and identification of the organism...