C G Cote
- Development and initial validation of a self-scored COPD Population Screener Questionnaire (COPD-PS)Fernando J Martinez
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
COPD 5:85-95. 2008..8% and negative predictive value of 86.4%. The COPD-PS accurately classified physician-reported COPD (AUC = 0.89). The COPD-PS is a brief, accurate questionnaire that can identify individuals likely to have COPD...
- Diagnosis and treatment considerations for women with COPDC G Cote
Division of Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine, The Bay Pines Veterans Affairs Healthcare System, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33744, USA
Int J Clin Pract 63:486-93. 2009..This article reviews the clinical differences between men and women with COPD, current treatment guidelines and its implications for improvement in the management of women with COPD...
- The modified BODE index: validation with mortality in COPDC G Cote
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Bay Pines Veterans Administration Health Care System, 10, 000 Bay Pines Boulevard, Bay Pines, FL 33744, USA
Eur Respir J 32:1269-74. 2008..The results support the use of the simpler index, which includes the 6-min walk distance in the comprehensive evaluation of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease...
- The 6-min walk distance, peak oxygen uptake, and mortality in COPDClaudia G Cote
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Bay Pines VA Health Care System, 10, 000 Bay Pines Blvd, Bay Pines, FL 33744, USA
Chest 132:1778-85. 2007..993 to 0.999; p < 0.01) had a stronger association than the peak Vo2 (HR, 0.971; 95% CI, 0.959 to 1.000; p = 0.050) with mortality. This study shows the 6MWD is as good predictor of mortality as the peak Vo2 in patients with COPD...
- Predictors of mortality in chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseClaudia G Cote
University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA
Clin Chest Med 28:515-24, v. 2007..It also discusses the ability of an integrated, multidimensional tool to more broadly characterize COPD severity, assess response to therapeutic interventions and exacerbations, and predict mortality...
- Impact of COPD exacerbations on patient-centered outcomesClaudia G Cote
Bay Pines Veterans Affairs Health Care System, Respiratory Disease Section 111A, 10, 000 Bay Pines Blvd, Bay Pines, FL 33744, USA
Chest 131:696-704. 2007..Their impact and temporal relationship with other outcomes such as functional status, dyspnea, and the multidimensional body mass index, obstruction, dyspnea, exercise capacity (BODE) index remain unknown...
- Haemoglobin level and its clinical impact in a cohort of patients with COPDC Cote
Bay Pines Veterans Affairs Medical Centre VAMC, 10, 000 Bay Pines Boulevard, Bay Pines FL 33744, USA
Eur Respir J 29:923-9. 2007..Polycythemia prevalence was low and had no association with worsened outcomes. Further work is required to evaluate the effect of anaemia correction on outcomes in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease...
- Surrogates of mortality in chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseClaudia G Cote
Bay Pines Veterans Administration Health Care System, Bay Pines, Florida 33744, USA
Am J Med 119:54-62. 2006....
- Validation and comparison of reference equations for the 6-min walk distance testC G Cote
Bay Pines Veterans Affairs Health Care System, Bay Pines, FL 33744 USA
Eur Respir J 31:571-8. 2008..In the 6-min walk distance test, a value <350 m is associated with increased mortality and should be regarded as abnormal...
- Pulmonary rehabilitation and the BODE index in COPDC G Cote
Division of Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine, The Bay Pines Foundation, Bay Pines VA Medical Center, University of South Florida, Tampa, USA
Eur Respir J 26:630-6. 2005..In conclusion, pulmonary rehabilitation participation improves BODE and is associated with better outcomes. The BODE index change after pulmonary rehabilitation provides valuable prognostic information...
- New treatment strategies for COPD. Pairing the new with the tried and trueClaudia G Cote
University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, USA
Postgrad Med 117:27-34. 2005..With all of these options, a nihilistic attitude toward management of COPD is not justified...
- Predictors of Survival in COPD: more than just the FEV1Bartolome R Celli
Caritas St Elizabeth s Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
Respir Med 102:S27-35. 2008....
- The body-mass index, airflow obstruction, dyspnea, and exercise capacity index in chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseBartolome R Celli
COPD Center at St Elizabeth s Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02135, USA
N Engl J Med 350:1005-12. 2004..We hypothesized that a multidimensional grading system that assessed the respiratory and systemic expressions of COPD would better categorize and predict outcome in these patients...