John J Savarese
Affiliation: Cornell University
- Rapid chemical antagonism of neuromuscular blockade by L-cysteine adduction to and inactivation of the olefinic (double-bonded) isoquinolinium diester compounds gantacurium (AV430A), CW 002, and CW 011John J Savarese
Department of Anesthesiology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10065, USA
Anesthesiology 113:58-73. 2010..Two new analogues of gantacurium (CW 002 and CW 011) have been synthesized to undergo slower L-cysteine adduction, yielding intermediate duration. L-cysteine adduction to and antagonism of these novel agents is further defined herein...
- Preclinical pharmacology of GW280430A (AV430A) in the rhesus monkey and in the cat: a comparison with mivacuriumJohn J Savarese
Department of Anesthesiology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, New York 10021, USA
Anesthesiology 100:835-45. 2004..The neuromuscular, cardiovascular, and autonomic pharmacology of GW280430A is compared herein with that of mivacurium...
- Pharmacodynamics and cardiopulmonary side effects of CW002, a cysteine-reversible neuromuscular blocking drug in dogsPaul M Heerdt
Departments of Anesthesiology of Pharmacology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York, USA
Anesthesiology 112:910-6. 2010..CW002 is a novel neuromuscular blocking drug with a duration dependent on the rate of cysteine adduction to the molecule. The current study characterized the pharmacodynamics and cardiopulmonary side effects of CW002 in dogs...
- Clinical pharmacology of GW280430A in humansMatthew R Belmont
Department of Anesthesiology, New York Presbyterian Weill Medical Cornell Medical Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Anesthesiology 100:768-73. 2004..GW280430A showed a promising pharmacodynamic profile in preclinical work and a wide margin of safety and so was selected for study in humans...
- Cysteine reversal of the novel neuromuscular blocking drug CW002 in dogs: pharmacodynamics, acute cardiovascular effects, and preliminary toxicologyHiroshi Sunaga
Department of Anesthesiology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York, USA
Anesthesiology 112:900-9. 2010..This study determined the exogenous L-cysteine dose-response relationship for CW002 reversal along with acute cardiovascular effects and organ toxicity in dogs...
- Preclinical Pharmacology of CW002: A Nondepolarizing Neuromuscular Blocking Drug of Intermediate Duration, Degraded and Antagonized by l-cysteine-Additional Studies of Safety and Efficacy in the Anesthetized Rhesus Monkey and CatHiroshi Sunaga
From the Department of Anesthesiology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York H S, J J S, P M H, M R B, M T M, J K M, P M S, B J P Cedarburg Pharmaceuticals, A Division of Albany Molecular Research, Inc, Grafton, Wisconsin J D M Department of Chemistry, Concordia University, Mequon, Wisconsin S G V O Animal Resources Facility, Albany Medical Center, Albany, New York E J and Impact Pharmaceutical Services, Inc, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina E A, G W C Current affiliation Department of Anesthesiology, Jikei University School of Medicine, Nishishimbashi, Minatoku, Tokyo, Japan H S
Anesthesiology 125:732-743. 2016..Further, Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee-approved studies of safety and efficacy in eight anesthetized monkeys and six cats are described...
- Gantacurium and CW002 do not potentiate muscarinic receptor-mediated airway smooth muscle constriction in guinea pigsHiroshi Sunaga
Department of Anesthesiology, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, New York, USA
Anesthesiology 112:892-9. 2010..We questioned whether two new members of a bisquaternary nondepolarizing muscle relaxant family, gantacurium and CW002, demonstrated detrimental effects of airway muscarinic receptors using an in vivo model in guinea pig airways...
- Edrophonium effectively antagonizes neuromuscular block at the laryngeal adductors induced by rapacuronium, rocuronium and cisatracurium, but not mivacuriumTakahiro Suzuki
Department of Anesthesiology, New York Presbyterian Hospital Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York, USA
Can J Anaesth 50:879-85. 2003..To examine the efficacy of antagonism of rapacuronium-, mivacurium-, rocuronium- and cisatracurium-induced neuromuscular block at the laryngeal adductors (LA)...
- Cardiopulmonary effects of the novel neuromuscular blocking drug GW280430A (AV430A) in dogsPaul M Heerdt
Department of Anesthesiology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Anesthesiology 100:846-51. 2004..This investigation determined the cardiopulmonary side effects of a novel nondepolarizing neuromuscular blocking drug with an ultrashort duration of action in anesthetized male beagles...
- Noninvasive cardiac output monitoring with bioreactance as an alternative to invasive instrumentation for preclinical drug evaluation in beaglesPaul M Heerdt
Department of Anesthesiology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, USA
J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods 64:111-8. 2011..The present study was designed to test the hypothesis that NICOM flow measurements can accurately measure CO and detect acute drug-induced changes in aortic blood flow (AoQ)≥10% in beagles...
- Novel neuromuscular blocking drugs and antagonistsPaul M Heerdt
aWeill Medical College of Cornell University, Department of Anesthesiology, and Department of Anesthesiology Critical Care Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center bJikei University School of Medicine cWeill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York, USA
Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 28:403-10. 2015....
- Neuromuscular blocking activity and therapeutic potential of mixed-tetrahydroisoquinolinium halofumarates and halosuccinates in rhesus monkeysEric E Boros
GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development, Five Moore Drive, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
J Med Chem 46:2502-15. 2003..The NMB properties of 24a in rhesus monkeys led to its clinical evaluation as a possible alternative to succinylcholine...