R L Page
Affiliation: Cornell University
- Modulation of P-glycoprotein-mediated doxorubicin resistance in canine cell linesR L Page
North Carolina State University, College of Veterinary Medicine, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
Anticancer Res 20:3533-8. 2000..To characterize the chemosensitivity of wild type and multidrug resistant canine cell lines and determine the relative potency of the P-glycoprotein (Pgp) modulators verapamil, tamoxifen and a cyclosporin-A analog (PSC833)...
- Expression and activity of transglutaminase II in spontaneous tumours of dogs and catsJ J Wakshlag
Department of Molecular Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, 14853 NY, USA
J Comp Pathol 134:202-10. 2006..The pro-survival effect of TGase II in canine mammary carcinoma cell lines was similar to that previously reported in humans patients...
- Transient glomerulonephropathy associated with primary erythrocytosis in a dogR L Page
Department of Companion Animal and Special Species Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleigh 27606
J Am Vet Med Assoc 196:620-2. 1990..These lesions may have been a result of hypoxia and/or hyperviscosity secondary to erythrocytosis...
- Use of whole body hyperthermia as a method to heat inaccessible tumours uniformly: a phase III trial in canine brain massesD E Thrall
College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleigh 27606, USA
Int J Hyperthermia 15:383-98. 1999..Results suggest that use of WBH alone to increase the temperature of intracranial tumours as a means to improve radiation therapy outcome is not a successful strategy...
- Characterization of canine MDR1 mRNA: its abundance in drug resistant cell lines and in vivoS F Steingold
North Carolina State University, College of Veterinary Medicine, Raleigh 27606, USA
Anticancer Res 18:393-400. 1998..Overexpression of the MDR1 gene often contributes to antineoplastic drug resistance. The purpose of this study was to characterize the canine MDR1 mRNA homologue and evaluate its expression in both canine cell lines and lymphomas...
- Retrospective analysis of axial skeleton osteosarcoma in 22 large-breed dogsM E Dickerson
Department of Companion Animal, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, USA
J Vet Intern Med 15:120-4. 2001..Definitive radiation therapy may have a role in the treatment of axial skeleton osteosarcoma...
- Immunohistochemical detection of a hypoxia marker in spontaneous canine tumoursJ M Cline
College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleigh 27606
Br J Cancer 62:925-31. 1990..Generally, binding to normal tissues was not observed. However, binding to smooth muscle cells surrounding arterioles in some sections of normal tissue and tumour tissue was observed...
- Feline vaccine-associated sarcomasM C McEntee
Cornell University, College of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Clinical Sciences, Ithaca, NY 14853 6401, USA
J Vet Intern Med 15:176-82. 2001..The next challenges must be to find more practical and effective solutions, and to eliminate the cause of vaccine-associated sarcomas...
- Phase I and pharmacokinetic evaluation of the combination of orally administered docetaxel and cyclosporin A in tumor-bearing catsM C McEntee
College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14852 6401, USA
J Vet Intern Med 20:1370-5. 2006..75 mg/kg in combination with 5 mg/kg CSA. Additional studies are necessary to determine the efficacy of DT/CSA in cats with epithelial tumors...