Affiliation: Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Efficacy and safety of eszopiclone across 6-weeks of treatment for primary insomniaGary K Zammit
Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York 10025, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 20:1979-91. 2004..The present study was a randomized, double-blind, multicenter, placebo-controlled trial conducted to assess the efficacy and safety of eszopiclone in adults with chronic primary insomnia...
- Use of computerized dynamic posturography to assess balance in older adults after nighttime awakenings using zolpidem as a referenceGary Zammit
Clinilabs and the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY, USA
BMC Geriatr 8:15. 2008..The goal of the current pilot study was to evaluate balance in healthy older adults after a middle-of-the-night awakening and to assess the ability of CDP to measure effects of bedtime zolpidem administration...
- The effects of ramelteon in a first-night model of transient insomniaGary Zammit
Clinilabs Sleep Disorder Institute, 423 West 55th Street, New York, NY 10019, USA
Sleep Med 10:55-9. 2009..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of ramelteon, a highly selective MT(1)/MT(2) melatonin receptor agonist, for the treatment of transient insomnia in adults...
- Evaluation of the efficacy and safety of ramelteon in subjects with chronic insomniaGary Zammit
Clinilabs Sleep Disorders Institute, New York, NY 10025, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 3:495-504. 2007..To evaluate efficacy and safety of ramelteon (MT1/MT2-receptor [corrected] agonist) in subjects with chronic primary insomnia...
- Sleep and residual sedation after administration of zaleplon, zolpidem, and placebo during experimental middle-of-the-night awakeningGary K Zammit
Clinilabs Sleep Disorders Institute, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10019, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 2:417-23. 2006....
- The prevalence, morbidities, and treatments of insomniaGary K Zammit
Clinilabs Inc, 423 West 55th Street, New York, NY 10025, USA
CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets 6:3-16. 2007..This article presents existing approaches to insomnia treatment, and reviews new treatments, therapeutic targets, and treatment approaches to insomnia under development that may offer promise to practitioners and patients...
- Effect of ramelteon on middle-of-the-night balance in older adults with chronic insomniaGary Zammit
Clinilabs, Inc, 423 West 55th Street, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10019, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 5:34-40. 2009..To evaluate the effect of ramelteon on middle-of-the-night balance, mobility, and memory in older insomniacs...
- Comparative tolerability of newer agents for insomniaGary Zammit
Clinilabs, Inc, New York, New York, USA
Drug Saf 32:735-48. 2009....
- Impact of nighttime awakenings on worker productivity and performanceGary K Zammit
Clinilabs Inc, New York, NY 10025, USA
J Occup Environ Med 52:513-8. 2010..To describe the relationship between nighttime awakenings and work performance...
- Zolpidem extended-release: therapy for sleep induction and sleep maintenance difficultiesGary Zammit
Clinilabs, Inc, 423 W 55th Street 4th Floor, New York, NY 10019, USA
Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol 4:325-31. 2008..Although primary and co-morbid insomnias are presented to clinicians in healthcare settings, physicians may need to apply direct inquiry in order to elicit patient reports of insomnia...
- A polysomnographic placebo-controlled evaluation of the efficacy and safety of eszopiclone relative to placebo and zolpidem in the treatment of primary insomniaMilton K Erman
Pacific Sleep Medicine Services, Inc, San Diego, CA, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 4:229-34. 2008..To evaluate the polysomnographic efficacy and the safety of a range of doses of eszopiclone relative to placebo in patients with primary insomnia. Zolpidem 10 mg was included as an active control...
- Maintenance of wakefulness with lisdexamfetamine dimesylate, compared with placebo and armodafinil in healthy adult males undergoing acute sleep lossMaria Gasior
From the Shire Development LLC, Wayne, PA Clinilabs, Inc, New York, NY and Henry Ford Hospital Sleep Center, Detroit, MI
J Clin Psychopharmacol 34:690-6. 2014..In sleep-deprived healthy men, alertness was greater with lisdexamfetamine dimesylate and armodafinil versus placebo on the primary end point. Studies are needed in clinical populations and using longer durations of administration. ..
- A Phase 2 Randomized Dose-Finding Study With Esmirtazapine in Patients With Primary InsomniaFrank Ruwe
From the MSD, Oss, The Netherlands Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI Clinilabs, Inc, New York, NY and Merck and Co, Inc, Kenilworth, NJ
J Clin Psychopharmacol 36:457-64. 2016..Esmirtazapine doses of 1.5 to 4.5 mg/day significantly improved quantity and quality of sleep and were generally well tolerated, with no evidence of safety concerns or consistent pattern of residual effects. ..
- A generalized estimating equation approach to analysis of maintenance of wakefulness testing in a study of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate, armodafinil, and placebo in sleep-deprived adultsThomas Roth
From the Henry Ford Hospital Sleep Center, Detroit, MI Clinilabs, Inc, New York, NY and Shire Development LLC, Wayne, PA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 34:642-4. 2014..13 [1.97-8.67]; P = 0.0002). Generalized estimating equation analysis detected wake-promoting effects of active treatments and eliminating data imputation, suggesting model utility in future studies. ..
- Short sleep duration as a risk factor for hypercholesterolemia: analyses of the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent HealthJames E Gangwisch
Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Department of Psychiatry, Division of Cognitive Neuroscience, 1051 Riverside Drive, Unit 74, New York, NY 10032, USA
Sleep 33:956-61. 2010..No previous published population studies have examined the longitudinal relationship between sleep duration and high cholesterol...
- Short sleep duration as a risk factor for hypertension: analyses of the first National Health and Nutrition Examination SurveyJames E Gangwisch
Department of Epidemiology, Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Hypertension 47:833-9. 2006..Short sleep duration could, therefore, be a significant risk factor for hypertension...
- Earlier parental set bedtimes as a protective factor against depression and suicidal ideationJames E Gangwisch
Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Department of Psychiatry, New York, NY 10032, USA
Sleep 33:97-106. 2010..Depression in an adolescent can affect his/her chosen bedtime, but it is less likely to affect a parent's chosen set bedtime which can establish a relatively stable upper limit that can directly affect sleep duration...
- Insomnia and sleep duration as mediators of the relationship between depression and hypertension incidenceJames E Gangwisch
Division of Cognitive Neuroscience, Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Am J Hypertens 23:62-9. 2010..No previous published population studies have examined whether insomnia and sleep duration mediate the relationship between depression and hypertension incidence...
- Sleep duration associated with mortality in elderly, but not middle-aged, adults in a large US sampleJames E Gangwisch
Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Department of Psychiatry, Division of Medical Genetics, New York, NY 10032, USA
Sleep 31:1087-96. 2008..No epidemiologic studies have published multivariate analyses stratified by age, even though life expectancy is 75 years and the majority of deaths occur in the elderly...
- Sleep duration as a risk factor for diabetes incidence in a large U.S. sampleJames E Gangwisch
Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Department of Psychiatry, Division of Medical Genetics, 1051 Riverside Drive, Mailbox 2, New York, NY 10032, USA
Sleep 30:1667-73. 2007..No plausible mechanism has been identified by which long sleep duration could lead to diabetes...
- A polysomnography study of eszopiclone in elderly patients with insomniaW Vaughn McCall
Wake Forest University Health Sciences, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 22:1633-42. 2006..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of eszopiclone 2 mg in elderly patients (aged 64-86 years) with chronic insomnia...
- Dynamics and kinetics of a modified-release formulation of zolpidem: comparison with immediate-release standard zolpidem and placeboDavid J Greenblatt
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Tufts University School of Medicine, 136 Harrison Avenue, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 46:1469-80. 2006..001). Thus, MR zolpidem produces sustained plasma levels compared to IR, with resulting enhancement of pharmacodynamic effects in the 3- to 6-hour post-dosage interval...
- Long-term efficacy and safety of zolpidem extended-release 12.5 mg, administered 3 to 7 nights per week for 24 weeks, in patients with chronic primary insomnia: a 6-month, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group, multicenter studyAndrew D Krystal
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Sleep 31:79-90. 2008..To evaluate long-term efficacy and safety of zolpidem extended-release 3 to 7 nights/week for chronic primary insomnia...
- Efficacy and safety of as-needed, post bedtime dosing with indiplon in insomnia patients with chronic difficulty maintaining sleepThomas Roth
Sleep Disorders and Research Center, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences Henry Ford Hospital, 2799 West Grand Blvd, CEP 3, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Sleep 30:1731-8. 2007....
- Insufficient evidence for the use of automated and semi-automated scoring of polysomnographic recordingsGary K Zammit
Sleep 31:449-50; author reply 451. 2008