Jennifer P Wisdom
Affiliation: Columbia University
- Substance use disorder among people with first-episode psychosis: a systematic review of course and treatmentJennifer P Wisdom
Division of Mental Health Services and Policy Research, New York State Psychiatric Institute, 1051 Riverside Drive, Box 100, New York, NY 10032, USA
Psychiatr Serv 62:1007-12. 2011..Yet few studies of first-episode psychosis have addressed the course of substance use disorders and the response to specialized substance abuse treatments...
- 'Stealing me from myself': identity and recovery in personal accounts of mental illnessJennifer P Wisdom
Columbia University, Department of Psychiatry, New York, NY 10032, USA
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 42:489-95. 2008....
- Preparing to implement medication algorithms: staff perspectives and system infrastructureJennifer P Wisdom
Columbia University, New York, NY 10031, USA
J Psychiatr Pract 14:209-15. 2008..The extent to which staff concerns, values, and needs are anticipated and promptly and responsively addressed is likely have a major influence on successful implementation...
- Women's health policies associated with obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and smoking: a follow-up on the women's health report cardJennifer P Wisdom
New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10031, USA
Women Health 48:103-22. 2008..Antidiscrimination policies were prominent for high blood pressure, smoking, and obesity; models accounted for significant variance for all outcomes. State policies that support women may improve women's health...
- Another breed of "service" animals: STARS study findings about pet ownership and recovery from serious mental illnessJennifer P Wisdom
Department of Mental Health Services and Policy Research, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am J Orthopsychiatry 79:430-6. 2009..Participants' reports of pet-related contributions to their well-being provide impetus to conduct more formal research on the mechanisms by which pets contribute to recovery and to develop pet-based interventions...
- Health disparities between women with and without disabilities: a review of the researchJennifer P Wisdom
Department Psychiatry, Columbia University, and New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, New York 10032, USA
Soc Work Public Health 25:368-86. 2010..Results reflect apparent health disparities between women with and without disabilities. Challenges for the field exist in standardizing disability definitions and determining a future course for health disparity research and policy...
- Substance abuse treatment programs' data management capacity: an exploratory studyJennifer P Wisdom
Clinical Psychology in Psychiatry, Columbia University, 1051 Riverside Drive, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Behav Health Serv Res 38:249-64. 2011..Infusion of expertise, training, and funding are needed to improve substance abuse treatment programs' IT-related systems and data management processes...
- Perspectives on adolescent residential substance abuse treatment: when are adolescents done?Jennifer P Wisdom
Division of Mental Health Services and Policy Research, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, USA
Psychiatr Serv 61:817-21. 2010..The study evaluated responses from adolescents in substance abuse treatment, their parents, and treatment staff to the question of what constitutes treatment success...
- Retention and ongoing participation in residential substance abuse treatment: perspectives from adolescents, parents and staff on the treatment processLeah P Gogel
Teachers College, Columbia University, 525 West 120th Street, New York, NY 10027, USA
J Behav Health Serv Res 38:488-96. 2011..Findings suggest that parents and staff underestimate their contributions to the treatment process and practitioners might benefit from rethinking how to communicate the value of these stakeholders...