Affiliation: Columbia University
- Improving access to psychological treatments: lessons from developing countriesVikram Patel
Department of Nutrition and Public Health Intervention Research, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, UK
Behav Res Ther 49:523-8. 2011..The implications for these experiences to improving access to psychological treatments in the global context are discussed...
- Group Interpersonal Psychotherapy for depressed youth in IDP camps in Northern Uganda: adaptation and trainingHelen Verdeli
Teachers College, Columbia University, Box 102, 525 West 120th Street, New York, NY 10027, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 17:605-24, ix. 2008..The process of adaptation to the content and training of IPT for these youth is presented and illustrated with case examples...
- The case for treating depression in military spousesHelen Verdeli
Teachers College, Columbia University, New York, NY 10027, USA
J Fam Psychol 25:488-96. 2011..Mental health services currently available to military spouses as well as barriers to their care are also described. Considerations for the adaptation of treatment to their unique circumstances and needs are discussed...
- Offspring of depressed parents: 20 years laterMyrna M Weissman
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York State Psychiatric Institute, Unit 24, 1051 Riverside Dr, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am J Psychiatry 163:1001-8. 2006..This study was a 20-year follow-up of offspring of depressed and nondepressed parents to determine the magnitude and continuity of the risk of parental depression to the offspring...
- Families at high and low risk for depression: a 3-generation studyMyrna M Weissman
Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 62:29-36. 2005..The first 2 generations were interviewed 4 times during this period. The offspring from the second generation are now adults and have children of their own, the third generation of the original cohort...
- Interpersonal psychotherapy: evaluation, support, triageMyrna Weissman
College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, USA
Clin Psychol Psychother 19:106-12. 2012....
- National survey of psychotherapy training in psychiatry, psychology, and social workMyrna M Weissman
Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, New York 10032, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 63:925-34. 2006..Few practitioners use EBT...
- Trauma exposure and posttraumatic stress disorder among primary care patients with bipolar spectrum disorderYuval Neria
Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
Bipolar Disord 10:503-10. 2008..To examine relationships between exposure to trauma, bipolar spectrum disorder (BD) and posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in a sample of primary care patients...
- Remission of maternal depression and child symptoms among single mothers: a STAR*D-Child reportArdesheer Talati
Dept of Psychiatry, Columbia University, 1051 Riverside Drive, Unit 24, New York, NY 10032, USA
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 42:962-71. 2007..This report examined the relationship of the presence of a father in the household to maternal depression remission and child outcomes...
- Depressed parents' treatment needs and children's problems in an urban family medicine practiceHilary B Vidair
Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York City, NY, USA
Psychiatr Serv 62:317-21. 2011..The study examined interest in treatment and treatment preferences and obstacles of low-income depressed parents...
- Vasomotor and depression symptoms may be associated with different sleep disturbance patterns in postmenopausal womenEleni Vousoura
1Women s Mental Health Clinic, First Department of Psychiatry, Eginition Hospital, Athens University Medical School, Athens, Greece 2Interpersonal Psychotherapy Unit, First Department of Psychiatry, Eginition Hospital, Athens University Medical School, Athens, Greece 3Department of Counseling and Clinical Psychology, Teachers College, Columbia University, New York, NY 4Sleep Research Unit, First Department of Psychiatry, Eginition Hospital, Athens University Medical School, Athens, Greece 5Menopause Clinic, Second Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Aretaieion Hospital, Athens University Medical School, Athens, Greece
Menopause 22:1053-7. 2015..This study aims to explore the association of vasomotor symptoms (VMS) and depression symptoms with different symptoms of subjective sleep disturbance in postmenopausal women...
- Anxiety among adolescent survivors of pediatric cancer: A missing link in the survivorship literatureGlynnis McDonnell
Teachers College, Columbia University, New York, New York
Palliat Support Care 13:345-9. 2015..This brief review aimed to assesses currently available literature that addresses anxiety in adolescent cancer survivors...
- Scaling up for the "bottom billion": "5 x 5" implementation of community mental health care in low-income regionsGary S Belkin
Department ofPsychiatry, New York University Schoolof Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Psychiatr Serv 62:1494-502. 2011..The framework addresses the need for a shared vocabulary and a set of tools to coordinate and compare efforts to scale-up mental health treatment across diverse settings...
- Treatment of depressed mothers of depressed children: pilot study of feasibilityHelen Verdeli
Divisions of Child Psychiatry and Clinical and Genetic Epidemiology, New York State Psychiatric Institute, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Depress Anxiety 19:51-8. 2004..It may be more feasible to study the effect of improved maternal depression on offspring by sampling depressed mothers coming for their own treatment and then assessing their children over the course of maternal treatment...
- Group interpersonal psychotherapy for depression in rural Uganda: 6-month outcomes: randomised controlled trialJudith Bass
Center for International Health and Development, Boston University School of Public Health, 85 East Concord Street, 5th Floor, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Br J Psychiatry 188:567-73. 2006....
- A systematic review of research findings on the efficacy of interpersonal therapy for depressive disordersMarcelo Feijo de Mello
Department of Psychiatry, Federal University of Sao Paulo, São Paulo SP 04026 010, Brazil
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 255:75-82. 2005..The aim of this study is to summarize findings from controlled trials of the efficacy of IPT in the treatment of depressive spectrum disorders (DSD) using a meta-analytic approach...
- Group interpersonal psychotherapy for depression in rural Uganda: a randomized controlled trialPaul Bolton
Center for International, Emergency, Disaster and Refugee Studies, Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD, USA
JAMA 289:3117-24. 2003..Despite the importance of mental illness in Africa, few controlled intervention trials related to this problem have been published...
- Interventions for depression symptoms among adolescent survivors of war and displacement in northern Uganda: a randomized controlled trialPaul Bolton
Applied Mental Health Research Group, Center for International Health and Development, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
JAMA 298:519-27. 2007..Prior qualitative work with internally displaced persons in war-affected northern Uganda showed significant mental health and psychosocial problems...