Thomas E Smith
Affiliation: Columbia University
- A successful effort to improve adherence to treatment guidelines for bipolar disorderThomas E Smith
New York State Psychiatric Institute, 1051 Riverside Dr, Unit 14, New York, NY 10032, USA
Harv Rev Psychiatry 16:210-3. 2008
- Use of administrative data to identify potential service gaps for individuals with serious mental illnessThomas E Smith
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York City, and the New York State Psychiatric Institute, 1051 Riverside Dr, Unit 100, New York, NY 10032, USA
Psychiatr Serv 62:1094-7. 2011..In this study the authors assessed whether proposed service use algorithms accurately identified such individuals...
- Determining engagement in services for high-need individuals with serious mental illnessThomas E Smith
Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY, USA
Adm Policy Ment Health 41:588-97. 2014..Over 10,000 individuals set a notification flag over 12-months. Disengagement was confirmed in 55 % of completed reviews, but outreach was initiated for only 30 %. Disengagement and outreach status varied by high-need cohort. ..
- Public-academic partnerships: using Medicaid claims data to identify service gaps for high-need clients: the NYC Mental Health Care Monitoring InitiativeThomas E Smith
New York State Psychiatric Institute, 1051 Riverside Dr, New York, NY 10032, USA
Psychiatr Serv 62:9-11. 2011..The NYC Mental Health Care Monitoring Initiative represents one of the first efforts to create "evidence-based policy." The authors describe the initiative's background, development, and key collaborations...
- Making room for mental health in the medical homeMichael F Hogan
New York State Office of Mental Health, New York, New York 10001 3101, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 7:A132. 2010..Programs implemented in the New York State public mental health system are examples of efforts to better coordinate medical and mental health services...
- A new kind of homelessness for individuals with serious mental illness? The need for a "mental health home"Thomas E Smith
Department of Psychiatry, New York State Psychiatric Institute, Columbia University, 1051 Riverside Dr, Unit 14, New York, NY 10032, USA
Psychiatr Serv 60:528-33. 2009..Barriers to and strategies for implementation of mental health homes are discussed...
- Best practices: Best practices for improving engagement of clients in clinic careThomas E Smith
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, and New York State Psychiatric Institute, 1051 Riverside Dr, Unit 14, New York, NY 10032, USA
Psychiatr Serv 61:343-5. 2010..The approaches should be of use to administrators to improve programs' ability to engage and retain clients in community-based clinic care...
- Predictors of risk of nonadherence in outpatients with schizophrenia and other psychotic disordersKim A Weiss
Department of Psychiatry of Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, Hall Brooke Behavioral Health Services, Westport, CT 06880, USA
Schizophr Bull 28:341-9. 2002..Working alliance was the most significant and consistent predictor of adherence to medication recommendations...
- Measurement in abstinence education. Critique and recommendationsThomas E Smith
School of Social Work, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL 32306 2570, USA
Eval Health Prof 26:180-205. 2003..However, with careful adherence to the gold standards proposed, it is possible to limit the threat from these weaknesses, maximizing the benefit of self-report surveys and county-level health indicators...