Elliott D Sclar
Affiliation: Columbia University
- The 21st century health challenge of slums and citiesElliott D Sclar
Task Force 8 Improving the Lives of Slum Dwellers, UN Millennium Project, New York, USA Columbia University, New York 10027, USA
Lancet 365:901-3. 2005
- Oral health and health care for older adults: a spatial approach for addressing disparities and planning servicesLuisa N Borrell
Assistant Professor, Department of Epidemiology, Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, USA
Spec Care Dentist 26:252-6. 2006..By presenting multiple layers of local information juxtaposed, GIS can help provide directions for planning oral health service delivery for seniors...
- Links between the built environment, climate and population health: interdisciplinary environmental change research in New York CityJoyce Klein Rosenthal
Urban Planning Program, Graduate School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation GSAPP, Columbia University, New York, USA
Ann Acad Med Singapore 36:834-46. 2007....
- Sorting out the connections between the built environment and health: a conceptual framework for navigating pathways and planning healthy citiesMary E Northridge
Department of Sociomedical Sciences, Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
J Urban Health 80:556-68. 2003..We contend that to plan for healthy cities, we need to reinvigorate the historic link between urban planning and public health, and thereby conduct informed science to better guide effective public policy...
- Housing and healthMary E Northridge
Am J Public Health 92:701. 2002
- Slums, slum dwellers, and healthElliott D Sclar
Am J Public Health 93:1381. 2003