Daniel S Schechter
Affiliation: Columbia University
- Psychobiological dysregulation in violence-exposed mothers: salivary cortisol of mothers with very young children pre- and post-separation stressDaniel S Schechter
Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Bull Menninger Clin 68:319-36. 2004..e., physical or sexual abuse, and domestic violence) and related posttraumatic stress...
- Maternal mental representations of the child in an inner-city clinical sample: violence-related posttraumatic stress and reflective functioningDaniel S Schechter
Division of Developmental Psychobiology, New York State Psychiatric Institute, Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, 1051 Riverside Drive, New York, NY 10032, USA
Attach Hum Dev 7:313-31. 2005..Level of maternal reflective functioning and severity of PTSD were not significantly correlated in this sample. Clinical implications are discussed...
- Parenting in times of crisisDaniel S Schechter
Infant Family Service, Department of Pediatric Psychiatry, Morgan Stanley Children s Hospital of New York, USA
Pediatr Ann 36:216-8, 220-2. 2007
- Distorted maternal mental representations and atypical behavior in a clinical sample of violence-exposed mothers and their toddlersDaniel S Schechter
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY, USA
J Trauma Dissociation 9:123-47. 2008....
- Caregiver traumatization adversely impacts young children's mental representations on the MacArthur Story Stem BatteryDaniel S Schechter
Columbia University, USA
Attach Hum Dev 9:187-205. 2007..Less narrative coherence was also noted. Traumatized mothers experience and symptoms prior to their child's turning 4 years old adversely affected their child's mental representations from 4-7 years...
- Mother-daughter relationships and child sexual abuse: a pilot study of 35 dyadsDaniel S Schechter
Infant Family Service, New York Presbyterian Hospital, and New York State Psychiatric Institute Columbia University Department of Psychiatry, 10032, USA
Bull Menninger Clin 66:39-60. 2002..Mother-daughter relationships should be thoroughly assessed when evaluating a child for child sexual abuse...
- Maternal PTSD and Interactive Behavior with ChildrenDaniel Schechter; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..