Affiliation: Columbia University
- The biology of myelodysplastic syndromes: unity despite heterogeneityAzra Raza
Columbia University, New York
Hematol Rep 2:e4. 2010..This paper summarizes the themes unifying this heterogeneous group of diseases...
- The genetic basis of phenotypic heterogeneity in myelodysplastic syndromesAzra Raza
Myelodysplastic Syndromes Center, Columbia University Medical Center, Milstein Hospital Building, 6N 435, 177 Fort Washington Avenue, New York, New York 10032, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 12:849-59. 2012..Although emerging insights establish an association between molecular abnormalities and the phenotypic heterogeneity of MDS, their origin and progression remain enigmatic...
- A phase 2 randomized multicenter study of 2 extended dosing schedules of oral ezatiostat in low to intermediate-1 risk myelodysplastic syndromeAzra Raza
Columbia University Medical Center, Milstein Hospital Bldg, 6N 435, 177 Fort Washington Avenue, New York, NY 10032, USA
Cancer 118:2138-47. 2012..This study evaluated 2 extended dose schedules of oral ezatiostat in 89 heavily pretreated patients with low to intermediate-1 risk myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS)...
- Phase 1 dose-ranging study of ezatiostat hydrochloride in combination with lenalidomide in patients with non-deletion (5q) low to intermediate-1 risk myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS)Azra Raza
Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
J Hematol Oncol 5:18. 2012..Ezatiostat, a glutathione S-transferase P1-1 inhibitor, promotes the maturation of hematopoietic progenitors and induces apoptosis in cancer cells...
- Prediction of response to therapy with ezatiostat in lower risk myelodysplastic syndromeNaomi Galili
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology and Oncology, Columbia University Medical Center and New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Hematol Oncol 5:20. 2012..The success of that study was based in part on the fact that the profile for response was linked to the biology of the disease...
- Clinical implications of gene expression profiling in myelodysplastic syndromes: recognition of ribosomal and translational gene dysregulation and development of predictive assaysNaomi Galili
St Vincent s Comprehensive Cancer Center, 325 West 15th Street, New York, NY 10011, USA
Best Pract Res Clin Haematol 22:223-37. 2009..These biologic and clinical insights are providing the framework on which to build a new model of these diseases which, despite their heterogeneity, manifest certain unifying themes...
- Leukaemogenesis induced by an activating β-catenin mutation in osteoblastsAruna Kode
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Nature 506:240-4. 2014....
- Isolation and functional characterization of human erythroblasts at distinct stages: implications for understanding of normal and disordered erythropoiesis in vivoJingping Hu
Laboratory of Membrane Biology, New York Blood Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Blood 121:3246-53. 2013....
- Combination of 5-azacytidine and thalidomide for the treatment of myelodysplastic syndromes and acute myeloid leukemiaAzra Raza
Department of Medicine, St Vincent s Comprehensive Cancer Center, New York, New York 10011, USA
Cancer 113:1596-604. 2008..Eventually, 30% of patients with MDS will progress and develop acute myeloid leukemia (AML). New strategies are needed for these patients...
- MDS: Refining existing therapy through improved biologic insightsJordan Schecter
The MDS Center at Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Blood Rev 26:73-80. 2012..We expect that through advancing biologic insights, the use of such therapies will become more selective and refined...
- Complete remissions observed in acute myeloid leukemia following prolonged exposure to lintuzumab: a phase 1 trialAzra Raza
St Vincent s Comprehensive Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 50:1336-44. 2009..In contrast to aggressive conventional chemotherapy, lintuzumab was administered in an ambulatory clinic setting with acceptable toxicity...
- Inhibition of leukemia cell engraftment and disease progression in mice by osteoblastsMaria Krevvata
Department of Physiology and Cellular Biophysics, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY
Blood 124:2834-46. 2014..These results suggest that osteoblasts play a fundamental role in propagating leukemia in the marrow and may be a therapeutic target to induce hostility of the niche to leukemia blasts...
- Prognosis in myelodysplastic syndromes: are the new classifications useful?Naomi Galili
St Vincent s Comprehensive Cancer Center, New York, NY 10011, USA
Curr Hematol Malig Rep 3:19-22. 2008..Clinical symptoms and degree of transfusion dependency will dictate the degree of therapeutic intervention...
- Isolation of specific and biologically active peptides that bind cells from patients with acute myeloid leukemia (AML)Naomi Galili
Saint Vincent s Comprehensive Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
J Hematol Oncol 1:8. 2008....
- Two different "tales" of ATG7: Clinical relevance to myelodysplastic syndromesAbdullah M Ali
Department of Medicine, Columbia University Medical Center, Columbia University, New York, USA
Mol Cell Oncol 3:e1212686. 2016..This results in altered mitochondrial function, increased reactive oxygen species production, and genomic instability...
- Disease-associated mutation in SRSF2 misregulates splicing by altering RNA-binding affinitiesJian Zhang
Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University, New York, NY 10027
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112:E4726-34. 2015..Our findings shed light on the mechanism of the disease-associated SRSF2 mutation in splicing regulation and also reveal a group of misspliced mRNA isoforms for potential therapeutic targeting. ..
- A prospective multicenter study of paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria cells in patients with bone marrow failureAzra Raza
Department of Medicine, Columbia University, New York, New York
Cytometry B Clin Cytom 86:175-82. 2014..The EXPLORE study aimed to determine the prevalence of undiagnosed PNH in patients with aplastic anemia (AA), myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS), and/or other bone marrow failure (BMF) syndromes and the effect of PNH clone size on hemolysis...