Affiliation: Columbia University
- TORCH infectionsNatalie Neu
Division of Pediatric Infectious Disease, Columbia University Medical Center, 622 West 168th Street, PH 468, New York, NY 10032, USA Electronic address
Clin Perinatol 42:77-103, viii. 2015..Early recognition, including prenatal screening, is key. This article covers toxoplasmosis, parvovirus B19, syphilis, rubella, hepatitis B virus, hepatitis C virus, and human immunodeficiency virus. ..
- Epidemiology of human metapneumovirus in a pediatric long-term care facilityNatalie Neu
Department of Pediatrics, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 33:545-50. 2012..We describe the use of such testing during a prolonged period of respiratory illness and elucidate the epidemiology of human metapneumovirus (hMPV) at our LTCF...
- Immune parameters and morbidity in hard drug and human immunodeficiency virus-exposed but uninfected infantsNatalie Neu
Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Pediatrics 113:1260-6. 2004....
- Postexposure prophylaxis for HIV in children and adolescents after sexual assault: a prospective observational study in an urban medical centerNatalie Neu
Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Sex Transm Dis 34:65-8. 2007..We sought to evaluate the tolerability and feasibility of establishing an HIV postexposure prophylaxis (PEP) program at our hospital using the guidelines for children and adolescents after sexual assault...
- Epidemiology of candidemia at a Children's hospital, 2002 to 2006Natalie Neu
Departments of Pediatrics, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 28:806-9. 2009..There are few recent studies evaluating trends in the epidemiology of candidemia including changes in species or utilization of antifungal agents in children...
- Impact of Infection Prevention and Control Initiatives on Acute Respiratory Infections in a Pediatric Long-Term Care FacilityMeghan T Murray
1Columbia University School of Nursing, New York, New York
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 37:859-62. 2016..ARIs did not decrease overall, though the proportion of infections associated with outbreaks and average number of cases per outbreak decreased. Influenza rates decreased significantly. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2016;37:859-862. ..
- HIV testing preferences among young men of color who have sex with menAlwyn Cohall
Harlem Health Promotion Center, Department of Sociomedical Sciences, Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, New York, NY 10027, USA
Am J Public Health 100:1961-6. 2010..We assessed awareness of and preferences for rapid HIV testing among young, urban men of color who have sex with men and are engaged in high-risk behaviors for HIV...
- Abnormal Bone Acquisition With Early-Life HIV Infection: Role of Immune Activation and Senescent Osteogenic PrecursorsJohn S Manavalan
Department of Medicine, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY
J Bone Miner Res 31:1988-1996. 2016..T cell activation with HIV-infection was associated with decreased numbers of osteogenic precursors as well as lower peak bone mass and bone strength. © 2016 American Society for Bone and Mineral Research...
- Direct costs of acute respiratory infections in a pediatric long-term care facilityMeghan T Murray
School of Nursing, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Influenza Other Respir Viruses 10:34-6. 2016..ARI are burdensome for pediatric long-term care facilities not only because of the associated morbidity and mortality, but also due to the great financial costs of prevention. ..
- Initiation of antiretroviral therapy in youth with HIV: a U.S.-based provider surveyChristina Gagliardo
Department of Pediatric Infectious Disease, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 27:498-502. 2013..Understanding and overcoming barriers to initiation of ART perceived by providers is important to ensure implementation of ART treatment guidelines...
- Relationship of pregnancy to human papillomavirus among human immunodeficiency virus-infected womenHoward Minkoff
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Maimonides Medical Center and SUNY Downstate, Brooklyn, New York, USA
Obstet Gynecol 108:953-60. 2006....
- Effectiveness of varicella vaccine in children infected with HIVMoeun Son
Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Infect Dis 201:1806-10. 2010..01) against varicella and was 100% (95% CI, 67%-100%; P < .001) against herpes zoster. When the analysis was controlled for receipt of HAART, vaccination remained highly protective against herpes zoster...
- Acute human immunodeficiency virus infection in a breast-fed infant in New York CityOuzama Nicholson
Department of Pediatrics, Columbia University and New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY 10032, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 26:653-5. 2007..Her mother had tested negative for HIV during pregnancy. Children infected by mothers during an acute seroconversion may have more rapid disease progression...
- Epidemiology and Prevalence of Abnormal Results for Anal Cytology Screening in HIV-Infected Young Men Who Have Sex with MenAlexandra Coromilas
1 Columbia University Medical Center College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York
LGBT Health 1:58-61. 2014..To determine the prevalence and risk factors for dysplasia in an urban population of HIV-infected young men who have sex with men (YMSM) and to determine the adherence to guidelines for anal cytology screening...
- Infection prevention and control practices in pediatric long-term care facilitiesMeghan T Murray
School of Nursing, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY
Am J Infect Control 42:1233-4. 2014..Best practice guidelines for IP&C specific to pLTCF populations should be developed and evaluated. ..
- Lower peak bone mass and abnormal trabecular and cortical microarchitecture in young men infected with HIV early in lifeMichael T Yin
aColumbia University Medical Center bBone Bioengineering Laboratory, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
AIDS 28:345-53. 2014..HIV infection and antiretroviral therapy (ART) early in life may interfere with acquisition of peak bone mass, thereby increasing fracture risk in adulthood...
- A multicenter study of initiation of antiretroviral therapy and transmitted drug resistance in antiretroviral-naive adolescents and young adults with HIV in New York CityChristina Gagliardo
Columbia University Medical Center, New York
Clin Infect Dis 58:865-72. 2014..The aims of this study were to assess uptake of this recommendation in ART-naive youth with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and to describe the epidemiology of transmitted genotypic drug resistance mutations (DRMs) in this population...
- Feasibility of using computer-assisted interviewing to enhance HIV test counseling in community settingsAlwyn T Cohall
Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Public Health Rep 123:70-7. 2008..Recognizing the need to efficiently yet comprehensively provide HIV counseling, we assessed the feasibility of using audio computer-assisted self-inventory (A-CASI) in a community-based HIV counseling and testing facility...