H R Kissileff
Affiliation: Columbia University
- The future of research on appetitive behavior: 30th Anniversary of the Columbia University Seminar on Appetitive BehaviorHarry R Kissileff
New York Obesity Research Center, Columbia University and St Luke s Roosevelt, Hospital Center, 1111 Amsterdam Avenue, New York, NY 10025, USA
Appetite 42:1-3. 2004....
- Computerized measurement of anticipated anxiety from eating increasing portions of food in adolescents with and without anorexia nervosa: Pilot studiesH R Kissileff
Mt Sinai St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital, New York, NY, USA New York Nutrition Obesity Research Center, Departments of Medicine and Psychiatry, Columbia, University Medical Center, USA Electronic address
Appetite 97:160-8. 2016..Visual size had a greater influence than energy content for these responses. This method could be used to quantify the anxiety inducing potential of foods and for studies with neuro-imaging and phenotypic clarifications. ..
- The evolution of the Society for the Study of Ingestive Behavior (SSIB)Harry R Kissileff
Columbia University and New York Obesity Research Center at St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital, 1111 Amsterdam Ave, New York, NY 10025, United States Electronic address
Physiol Behav 121:3-9. 2013....
- Cholecystokinin and stomach distension combine to reduce food intake in humansHarry R Kissileff
St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital, 1111 Amsterdam Ave, New York, NY 10025, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 285:R992-8. 2003..These results are consistent with the hypothesis that CCK's suppression of food intake is enhanced when the stomach is distended...
- Effect of eating rate on binge size in Bulimia NervosaHarry R Kissileff
St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital, New York, NY 10025, USA
Physiol Behav 93:481-5. 2008..NC subjects ate less at a slow rate. These findings indicate that in a structured laboratory meal paradigm binge size is not affected by rate of eating...
- Gastric compliance in bulimia nervosaE J Zimmerli
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York NY 10032 USA
Physiol Behav 87:441-6. 2006..In conclusion, although other studies have described gastrointestinal abnormalities associated with BN, the current study found gastric compliance of patients with BN to be normal...
- Development and preliminary validation of a silhouette satiety scale for childrenMyles S Faith
Obesity Research Center, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 1090 Amsterdam Avenue 14A, New York, NY 10025, USA
Physiol Behav 76:173-8. 2002..Young children may be more capable of quantitatively reporting feelings of satiety than is commonly believed, if appropriate experimental materials are used...
- Energy intake in weight-reduced humansMichael Rosenbaum
Department of Medicine, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Brain Res 1350:95-102. 2010..Much of this biological opposition to sustained weight loss is mediated by the adipocyte-derived hormone "leptin."..
- Sex differences in the effects of inherited bitter thiourea sensitivity on body weight in 4-6-year-old childrenKathleen L Keller
Department of Research Medicine and the New York Obesity Research Center, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 18:1194-200. 2010..These results suggest that the TAS2R38 variation, PROP phenotype, and sex interact to impact obesity risk in children. Future studies should be done to determine how this trait influences energy balance...
- The development of hunger and fullness during a laboratory meal in patients with binge eating disorderFrancine Samuels
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Morgan Stanley Children s Hospital of New York Presbyterian Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York, USA
Int J Eat Disord 42:125-9. 2009....
- Potential of an analog scaling device for measuring fullness in children: development and preliminary testingKathleen L Keller
New York Obesity Research Center, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 1090 Amsterdam Avenue 14 A, New York, NY 10025, USA
Appetite 47:233-43. 2006..Future experiments will validate this scaling procedure for measuring fullness in real eating situations. If successful, this methodology might have applications to the measurement of other bodily sensations in young children...
- Binge size increases with body mass index in women with binge-eating disorderJanet L Guss
Obesity Research Center, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital, New York, New York 10025, USA
Obes Res 10:1021-9. 2002..To determine whether meal size is related to body mass index (BMI) in obese subjects with binge-eating disorder (BED)...
- Postprandial cholecystokinin release and gastric emptying in patients with bulimia nervosaM J Devlin
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 65:114-20. 1997....
- The development of satiation in bulimia nervosaEllen J Zimmerli
Columbia University, Department of Psychiatry, 1051 Riverside Drive, Unit 98, New York, NY 10032, USA
Physiol Behav 100:346-9. 2010..These results suggest that, when individuals with BN are not instructed to binge eat and do not control meal size, they do not manifest a disturbance in reported satiation over the course of a large liquid meal...
- Elevated plasma cholecystokinin and appetitive ratings after consumption of a liquid meal in humansLaurence J Nolan
New York Obesity Research Center, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center and Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 1111 Amsterdam Avenue, New York, NY 10025, USA
Nutrition 19:553-7. 2003..The second was to compare CCK release by soup between men and women to determine whether the increased satiating effectiveness of soup in women as opposed to men could have been partly attributable to differences in CCK release...
- Elasticity in portion selection is predicted by severity of anorexia and food type in adolescentsM Herzog
New York Nutrition Obesity Research Center, Department of Medicine, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY, USA Teachers College, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Appetite 103:87-94. 2016..This index could be useful for clinical assessment of AN patients, and those with eating problems such as in obesity and bulimia nervosa and tracking their response to treatment. ..
- A disturbance of gastric function in bulimia nervosaB Timothy Walsh
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York, USA
Biol Psychiatry 54:929-33. 2003..Because the stomach plays an important role in the development of satiety, gastric function was examined in bulimia nervosa (BN)...
- Satiety and test meal intake among women with binge eating disorderRobyn Sysko
Department of Psychology, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Piscataway, NJ, USA
Int J Eat Disord 40:554-61. 2007..The purpose of the study was to measure test meal consumption and the changes in hunger and fullness during a test meal in obese individuals with and without binge eating disorder (BED) and normal-weight controls...
- Food intake, feelings, and gastrointestinal physiologyHarry R Kissileff
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 287:R517-8. 2004
- HUMAN FOOD INTAKE CONTROL--GASTRIC & INTESTINAL FACTORSHarry Kissileff; Fiscal Year: 2002..e. satiety), a newly developed questionnaire, which can discriminate these two modes of intake inhibition, will be employed. ..