Joan A Kearney
Affiliation: Columbia University
- A multi-modal pilot intervention with violence-exposed mothers in a child psychiatric trauma-focused treatment programJoan A Kearney
Columbia University School of Nursing, 617 West 168th St, New York, NY 10032, USA
Issues Ment Health Nurs 33:544-52. 2012..Results converged to portray improved functioning in critical areas of dysfunction often displayed by these mothers...
- Planning with parents for seriously ill children: preliminary results on the development of the parental engagement scaleJoan A Kearney
Columbia University School of Nursing, New York, New York 10032, USA
Palliat Support Care 9:367-76. 2011..Using attachment and caregiving as a framework, this study clarified important dimensions of parental engagement...
- Women and children exposed to domestic violence: themes in maternal interviews about their children's psychiatric diagnosesJoan A Kearney
Columbia University, School of Nursing, 630 West 168th St, New York, NY 10032, USA
Issues Ment Health Nurs 31:74-81. 2010..Thematic categories as well as inter-relationships among themes are described and discussed in terms of current literature...
- Mothers' resolution of their young children's psychiatric diagnoses: associations with child, parent, and relationship characteristicsJoan A Kearney
School of Nursing, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Child Psychiatry Hum Dev 42:334-48. 2011..There were no significant associations between maternal or child demographic characteristics and maternal resolution status. Clinical and research implications are discussed...
- The experience of Chinese American parents of children with life-limiting illness: a comprehensive reviewJinjiao Wang
Columbia University School of Nursing, 617 West 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Int J Palliat Nurs 19:347-54. 2013..Educational interventions may be very helpful in this regard...
- Understanding parental behavior in pediatric palliative care: Attachment theory as a paradigmJoan A Kearney
Columbia University School of Nursing, New York, New York
Palliat Support Care 13:1559-68. 2015..Social attachment theory is proposed as a developmentally contextual model for the study of parenting in pediatric palliative and end-of-life care...
- Mental Health Disorders in Elderly People Receiving Home Care: Prevalence and Correlates in the National U.S. PopulationJinjiao Wang
Jinjiao Wang, PhD, RN, is Postdoctoral Research Fellow, School of Nursing, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee Joan A Kearney, PhD, APRN, is Assistant Professor, School of Nursing, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut Haomiao Jia, PhD, is Associate Professor and Jingjing Shang, PhD, RN, is Assistant Professor, School of Nursing, Columbia University, New York
Nurs Res 65:107-16. 2016..Current evidence on mental health disorders (MHDs) in the U.S. elderly home care population is highly varied and limited to the local level...