- Frequency-domain sensitivity analysis for small imaging domains using the equation of radiative transfer
Columbia University, New York, New York 10027, USA
Appl Opt 46:1624-32. 2007
..These results will be useful in the design of experiments and optical tomographic imaging systems that probe small tissue volumes...
- Parametric reconstruction method in optical tomography
Dept of Biomed Eng, Columbia Univ, New York, NY 10027, USA
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 1:2667-70. 2006
..In this way the amount of measured data is equal or larger than the number of unknowns. Using synthetic data, we show examples that demonstrate how this approach leads to improvements in imaging quality...
- Parametric image reconstruction using the discrete cosine transform for optical tomography
Columbia University, Department of Biomedical Engineering, 351 Engineering Terrace, MC8904, 1210 Amsterdam Avenue, New York, New York 10027, USA
J Biomed Opt 14:064003. 2009
..We especially focus on the influence of initial guesses and noise levels on the reconstruction results...
- Model-based ultrasound tomography: tissue phantom experiments
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32611, USA
Med Phys 32:2659-64. 2005
..We also demonstrate that a high contrast target as small as 3 mm in diameter can be quantitatively resolved with our acoustic speed and attenuation images...
- Spatially varying optical and acoustic property reconstruction using finite-element-based photoacoustic tomography
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Florida, Gainesville 32611, USA
J Opt Soc Am A Opt Image Sci Vis 23:878-88. 2006
..The effect of acoustic heterogeneity on conventional pure optical absorption reconstruction is also studied...
- Absorption and scattering images of heterogeneous scattering media can be simultaneously reconstructed by use of dc data
Department of Physics and Astronomy, Clemson University, South Carolina 29634, USA
Appl Opt 41:5427-37. 2002
..Finally, we discuss our results in light of recent theoretical findings on nonuniqueness for dc image reconstruction...
- In vivo breast imaging with diffuse optical tomography based on higher-order diffusion equations
Department of Physics and Astronomy, Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina 29634, USA
Appl Opt 42:3163-9. 2003
..Pilot clinical results from female volunteers indicate that enhanced diffuse optical tomography can quantitatively image findings such as breast cysts or implants in which the absorption and scattering coefficients are usually low...
- Differentiation of cysts from solid tumors in the breast with diffuse optical tomography
Department of Physics and Astronomy, Clemson University, Clemson, SC 29634 0978, USA
Acad Radiol 11:53-60. 2004
..Thus far, the clinical evaluation of DOT has been largely limited to solid tumors. A pilot clinical study focused on DOT imaging of breasts with cysts is presented...