Ethan E Gorenstein
Affiliation: Columbia University
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy for anxiety in the elderlyEthan E Gorenstein
Behavioral Medicine Program, Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, 622 West 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Curr Psychiatry Rep 9:20-5. 2007..Investigators are seeking methods of augmenting or supplementing CBT in order to develop more effective treatments for anxiety in the elderly...
- Cardiac autonomic control and treatment of hostility: a randomized controlled trialRichard P Sloan
Division of Behavioral Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
Psychosom Med 72:1-8. 2010..To test whether reduction in hostility increases autonomic regulation of the heart...
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy for management of anxiety and medication taper in older adultsEthan E Gorenstein
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 13:901-9. 2005....
- Distinguishing generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, and mixed anxiety states in older treatment-seeking adultsJan Mohlman
Department of Psychiatry, New York State Psychiatric Institute, Columbia University, Box 14, 1051 Riverside Drive, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Anxiety Disord 18:275-90. 2004..Results indicate that distinguishing features of GAD and PD in older treatment-seeking adults may be fewer and slightly different from those of younger adults...
- The Effect of Hostility Reduction on Autonomic Control of the Heart and Vasculature: A Randomized Controlled TrialParisa Hajjari
From the Sahlgrenska Academy Hajjari, Mattsson, University of Gothenburg, Goteborg, Sweden Division of Behavioral Medicine, Department of Psychiatry McIntyre, McKinley, Gorenstein, Tager, Sloan, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York Departments of Behavioral Medicine McKinley, Sloan and Biostatistics Choi, Lee New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, New York and Division of Consultation Liaison Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry Shapiro, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York
Psychosom Med 78:481-91. 2016..Hostility is associated with coronary artery disease. One candidate mechanism may be autonomic nervous system (ANS) dysregulation. In this study, we report the effect of cognitive behavioral treatment on ANS regulation...
- Standard and enhanced cognitive-behavior therapy for late-life generalized anxiety disorder: two pilot investigationsJan Mohlman
Columbia University Department of Psychiatry and New York State Psychiatric Institute, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 11:24-32. 2003..The studies described here are, to our knowledge, the first to test the efficacy of individual-format CBT administered in a mental health clinic for treatment of late-life GAD...