Richard C Friedman
Affiliation: Columbia University
- Factors affecting change in private psychotherapy patients of senior psychoanalysts: an effectiveness studyRichard C Friedman
Weill Medical College, the Payne Whitney Clinic, New York, NY 10024, USA
J Am Acad Psychoanal Dyn Psychiatry 33:583-610. 2005..The combined impact of diagnosis status, treatment duration, and treatment modalities provided a consistent pattern of treatment effectiveness...
- Sexual psychodynamics I: the origins of male aggressionRichard C Friedman
Weill Medical College, Cornell University Medical School
J Am Acad Psychoanal Dyn Psychiatry 35:97-115. 2007..Knowledge about sexual differentiation of the brain and sex differences in behavior resulting from research carried out after Freud's death suggests the need to revise Freud's ideas about the Oedipus complex...
- Sexual differentiation of childhood play: a contemporary psychoanalytic perspectiveRichard C Friedman
Department of Psychiatry, Cornell Weill Medical College, New York, NY, USA
Arch Sex Behav 43:197-211. 2014..These topics and other aspects of the sexual differentiation of behavior have been under-emphasized in psychoanalytic thought. ..
- Psychodynamic psychiatry--past, present, and futureRichard C Friedman
Weill Medical College, New York, NY, USA
J Am Acad Psychoanal Dyn Psychiatry 34:471-87. 2006..A sturdier identity might help psychodynamic psychiatry stand alongside bio-descriptive psychiatry as a core component of American Psychiatry...
- Sexual differentiation of behavior: the foundation of a developmental model of psychosexualityRichard C Friedman
Weill Cornell Medical College, USA
J Am Psychoanal Assoc 56:147-75. 2008..Knowledge of this area is helpful for the construction of an appropriately modern psychoanalytically informed developmental paradigm of psychosexuality...
- Psychotherapy of bisexual menRichard C Friedman
Columbia Psychoanalytic Center, USA
J Am Acad Psychoanal Dyn Psychiatry 38:181-97. 2010..Although bisexuality itself is not pathological, the adaptational issues of men with major psychiatric disorders who are also bisexual may be complex...