Affiliation: Columbia University
- Cigarette advertising in Black, Latino, and White magazines, 1998-2002: an exploratory investigationHope Landrine
Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology, San Diego State University, 6363 Alvarado Court, San Diego, CA 92120, USA
Ethn Dis 15:63-7. 2005..To examine the number, type (menthol vs non-menthol), brand (Black, White, Women's, Other), and size of cigarette ads in Black, Latino, and White magazines...
- Factor structure of the Bulimia Test--Revised in college women from four ethnic groupsSenaida Fernandez
Department of Psychology, San Diego State University University of California, San Diego, CA, USA
Cultur Divers Ethnic Minor Psychol 12:403-19. 2006..These findings suggest that the measure is reliable and valid for use with diverse ethnic groups. Future research should focus on culturally salient psychological correlates of disordered eating in diverse ethnic groups...
- Appointment-keeping behavior is not related to medication adherence in hypertensive African AmericansGbenga Ogedegbe
Behavioral Cardiovascular Health and Hypertension Program, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Gen Intern Med 22:1176-9. 2007..The relationship between appointment-keeping behavior, medication adherence (ADH), and systolic and diastolic blood pressure (SBP and DBP) was assessed in 153 hypertensive African Americans followed in a community-based practice...
- Cigarette advertising in magazines for Latinas, White women, and men, 1998--2002: a preliminary investigationSenaida Fernandez
Behavioral Health Institute and the Department of Psychology at San Diego State University, San Diego, CA 92120, USA
J Community Health 30:141-51. 2005..Results are discussed in terms of the need for further research on tobacco ads directed at women...
- Conceptualizing and measuring ethnic discrimination in health researchHope Landrine
Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology and Behavioral Health Institute, San Diego State University, 6363 Alvarado Court, San Diego, California 92120, USA
J Behav Med 29:79-94. 2006..3 times more likely than their low-discrimination counterparts to be smokers. This 5th grade reading-level scale takes 10 min to complete and has sufficient, initial psychometric integrity for use in clinical and community health studies...
- Utility of the abbreviated Fuld Object Memory Evaluation and MMSE for detection of dementia and cognitive impairment not dementia in diverse ethnic groupsTiffany Rideaux
Pacific Graduate School of Psychology Stanford PsyD Consortium, Palo Alto University, Palo Alto, CA, USA
J Alzheimers Dis 31:371-86. 2012..Findings suggest that ethnicity is important in the selection of an appropriate cognitive screen and cut-score to use with older adults...
- The scale of ethnic experience: development and psychometric propertiesVanessa L Malcarne
Doctoral Training Facility, Department of Psychology, 6363 Alvarado Court, Suite103, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA 92120, USA
J Pers Assess 86:150-61. 2006..Results support the reliability and validity of the SEE as a multidimensional measure of ethnicity-related cognitive constructs that can be used across American ethnic groups...
- Factorial validity of the multidimensional health locus of control scales for three American ethnic groupsVanessa L Malcarne
San Diego State University, CA, USA
J Health Psychol 10:657-67. 2005..Filipino Americans scored higher on all three scales. Regression analyses predicting MHLC scales from demographic and sociocultural variables revealed few predictive relationships...