Affiliation: Columbia University
- Progressive paranoid psychosis in a 20-year-old with central congenital hypoventilation syndromeAlex Dranovsky
Division of Integrative Neuroscience
Pediatrics 134:e900-2. 2014..Increased mechanical ventilation was successfully used to treat the psychiatric symptoms. ..
- Is there a role for young hippocampal neurons in adaptation to stress?Alex Dranovsky
Department of Psychiatry, Division of Integrative Neuroscience, Columbia University and the New York State Psychiatric Institute, 1051 Riverside Dr Box 87, New York, NY 10032, USA
Behav Brain Res 227:371-5. 2012..Finally, we will speculate that a key function of adult-born neurons within hippocampal function may be to modulate the stress response and perhaps assign stress salience to the sensory context...
- Experience dictates stem cell fate in the adult hippocampusAlex Dranovsky
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Neuron 70:908-23. 2011..Our findings suggest that, in the hippocampus, fate specification may act as a form of cellular plasticity for adapting to environmental changes...
- Hippocampal neurogenesis: regulation by stress and antidepressantsAlex Dranovsky
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, New York 10032, USA
Biol Psychiatry 59:1136-43. 2006..Focusing on neurogenic response to experimental paradigms of stress and antidepressant treatment is particularly interesting for understanding the pathophysiology of major depressive disorder...
- DISC1 puts the brakes on neurogenesisAlex Dranovsky
Departments of Psychiatry and Neuroscience, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Cell 130:981-3. 2007..Surprisingly, DISC1 appears to have opposite effects on neurogenesis during development and in adulthood...
- Serotonin-1A autoreceptors are necessary and sufficient for the normal formation of circuits underlying innate anxietyJesse W Richardson-Jones
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Neurosci 31:6008-18. 2011....
- Increasing adult hippocampal neurogenesis is sufficient to improve pattern separationAmar Sahay
Department of Neuroscience, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Nature 472:466-70. 2011....
- The when and where of BDNF and the antidepressant responseJing Wen Wang
Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Biol Psychiatry 63:640-1. 2008
- 5-HT1A autoreceptor levels determine vulnerability to stress and response to antidepressantsJesse W Richardson-Jones
Department of Pharmacology, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Neuron 65:40-52. 2010..These results establish a causal relationship between 5-HT(1A) autoreceptor levels, resilience under stress, and response to antidepressants...
- Cyclotraxin-B, the first highly potent and selective TrkB inhibitor, has anxiolytic properties in miceMaxime Cazorla
Neurobiology and Molecular Pharmacology, Centre de Psychiatrie et de Neurosciences, UMR 894 INSERM Université Paris Descartes, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 5:e9777. 2010....
- Global state measures of the dentate gyrus gene expression system predict antidepressant-sensitive behaviorsBenjamin A Samuels
Departments of Psychiatry and Neuroscience, Columbia University, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e85136. 2014..However, approximately 50% of depressed patients fail to achieve an effective treatment response. Understanding how gene expression systems respond to treatments may be critical for understanding antidepressant resistance...