Affiliation: Columbia University
- Rates and correlates of HIV and STI infection among homeless womenCarol L M Caton
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
AIDS Behav 17:856-64. 2013..Findings underscore the importance of offering HIV/STI testing, counseling, and HIV risk prevention interventions to homeless women and suggest that interventions should be tailored to the needs of specific subgroups of homeless women...
- Parenting and adjustment in schizophreniaC L Caton
Department of Psychiatry at the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Psychiatr Serv 50:239-43. 1999..Patients with schizophrenia who became parents and those who remained childless were compared on premorbid characteristics and current clinical and social adjustment...
- Risk factors for homelessness among indigent urban adults with no history of psychotic illness: a case-control studyC L Caton
Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Am J Public Health 90:258-63. 2000..This study identified risk factors for homelessness among indigent urban adults without dependent children and with no history of psychotic illness...
- Differences between early-phase primary psychotic disorders with concurrent substance use and substance-induced psychosesCarol L M Caton
New York State Psychiatric Institute Columbia University Department of Psychiatry, New York, NY 10032, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 62:137-45. 2005....
- Risk factors for long-term homelessness: findings from a longitudinal study of first-time homeless single adultsCarol L M Caton
Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, 600 W 168th St, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am J Public Health 95:1753-9. 2005..We examined risk factors for long-term homelessness among newly homeless men and women who were admitted to New York City shelters in 2001 and 2002...
- Predictors of psychosis remission in psychotic disorders that co-occur with substance useCarol L M Caton
New York State Psychiatric Institute and the Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, USA
Schizophr Bull 32:618-25. 2006..To examine rates and predictors of psychosis remission at 1-year follow-up for emergency admissions diagnosed with primary psychotic disorders and substance-induced psychoses...
- Stability of early-phase primary psychotic disorders with concurrent substance use and substance-induced psychosisCarol L M Caton
Department of Psychiatry, New York State Psychiatric Institute, Columbia University, 1051 Riverside Drive, New York 10032, USA
Br J Psychiatry 190:105-11. 2007..The stability of the diagnostic distinction between a substance-induced psychosis and a primary psychotic disorder co-occurring with substance use is not established...
- SERVICE NEEDS IN EARLY PSYCHOSIS AND DRUG USECAROL CATON; Fiscal Year: 2003..Greater knowledge of the long-term course and outcome of these disorders may lead to more appropriate matches to treatment for substance use, and may uncover unmet needs for services. ..
- DRUG USE AND COURSE OF HOMELESSNESS AMONG SINGLE ADULTSCAROL CATON; Fiscal Year: 2003..Greater understanding of factors that determine the course of homelessness has implications for the development of prevention and early intervention strategies. ..
- A Peer Support Intervention for Psychosis and Drug UseCAROL CATON; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- HIV Risk Among Homeless MothersCAROL CATON; Fiscal Year: 2007..The study will inform the design of HIV risk behavior preventive interventions appropriate to the life circumstances of homeless mothers. ..