Affiliation: Columbia University
- Learning and memory in bipolar and unipolar major depression: effects of agingT Burt
Department of Biological Psychiatry, New York State Psychiatric Institute, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, New York 10032, USA
Neuropsychiatry Neuropsychol Behav Neurol 13:246-53. 2000..The goal of this study was to examine the effects of aging on neuropsychological functions in bipolar and unipolar major depression...
- Neuropsychiatric applications of transcranial magnetic stimulation: a meta analysisTal Burt
Department of Biological Psychiatry, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, USA
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 5:73-103. 2002..We also review the application of TMS in the study of the pathophysiology of psychiatric disorders and summarize studies of the safety of TMS in human subjects...
- The effects of vagus nerve stimulation on cognitive performance in patients with treatment-resistant depressionH A Sackeim
Department of Biological Psychiatry, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York 10032, USA
Neuropsychiatry Neuropsychol Behav Neurol 14:53-62. 2001..However, limited information regarding the effects of VNS on neurocognitive performance exists...
- Donepezil and related cholinesterase inhibitors as mood and behavioral controlling agentsT Burt
Medical Director, Depression Anxiety Worldwide Team, Pfizer Inc 235 East 42nd Street, 235 10 29, New York, NY 10023, USA
Curr Psychiatry Rep 2:473-8. 2000....
- Does antidepressant therapy improve cognition in elderly depressed patients?P Murali Doraiswamy
Departments of Psychiatry and Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 58:M1137-44. 2003..To analyze the effects of antidepressants on cognitive functioning in elderly depression...
- Late onset dysthymic disorder and major depression differ from early onset dysthymic disorder and major depression in elderly outpatientsD P Devanand
Late Life Depression Clinic, New York State Psychiatric Institute, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Affect Disord 78:259-67. 2004....
- Optimal length of antidepressant trials in late-life depressionHarold A Sackeim
Department of Biological Psychiatry, New York State Psychiatric Institute, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, 1051 Riverside Drive, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 25:S34-7. 2005....
- A placebo-controlled, randomized withdrawal study of sertraline for major depressive disorder in JapanKunitoshi Kamijima
Department of Psychiatry, Showa University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 21:1-9. 2006..Sertraline was well-tolerated, with similar adverse events as found in previous studies. These results confirm the efficacy of sertraline in preventing the relapse of MDD in Japanese patients...
- Randomized trial of sertraline versus venlafaxine XR in major depression: efficacy and discontinuation symptomsAytekin Sir
Department of Psychiatry, Dicle University Medical Faculty, Diyarbakir, Turkey
J Clin Psychiatry 66:1312-20. 2005..Meta-analyses, based mainly on fluoxetine comparator data, suggest that the SNRI venlafaxine has superior efficacy to SSRIs in treatment of major depression...
- Gender differences in clinical presentation and response to sertraline treatment of generalized anxiety disorderMeir Steiner
McMaster University, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences, Women s Health Concerns Clinic, St Joseph s Hospital, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Hum Psychopharmacol 20:3-13. 2005..To evaluate gender differences in the clinical presentation of generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) and response to sertraline treatment...
- A randomized, placebo-controlled study of the efficacy and safety of sertraline in the treatment of the behavioral manifestations of Alzheimer's disease in outpatients treated with donepezilSanford I Finkel
Department of Psychiatry, University of Chicago Medical School, and the Leonard Schanfield Research Institute at Council for Jewish Elderly, Chicago, IL 60091, USA
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 19:9-18. 2004..To examine the safety and efficacy of sertraline augmentation therapy in the treatment of behavioral manifestations of Alzheimer's disease (AD) in outpatients treated with donepezil...
- Efficacy, safety, and tolerability of sertraline in patients with late-life depression and comorbid medical illnessJavaid I Sheikh
Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Menlo Park, California 94305, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 52:86-92. 2004..To report on the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of sertraline in the treatment of elderly depres-sed patients with and without comorbid medical illness...
- Comparison of duloxetine, escitalopram, and sertraline effects on cytochrome P450 2D6 function in healthy volunteersSheldon H Preskorn
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Kansas School of Medicine, KS 67207, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 27:28-34. 2007..Compared with sertraline, duloxetine produced statistically significantly larger changes in metoprolol pharmacokinetic parameters. The changes produced by escitalopram and sertraline were not statistically different...