Genomes and Genes
Justin B Kinney
Affiliation: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
- Parametric inference in the large data limit using maximally informative modelsJustin B Kinney
Simons Center for Quantitative Biology, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724, U S A
Neural Comput 26:637-53. 2014..The presence of diffeomorphic modes reflects a fundamental and nontrivial substructure within parameter space, one that is obscured by standard likelihood-based inference. ..
- Using deep sequencing to characterize the biophysical mechanism of a transcriptional regulatory sequenceJustin B Kinney
Department of Physics, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:9158-63. 2010..The principles of our method can also be applied to a wide range of other problems in molecular biology...
- Precise physical models of protein-DNA interaction from high-throughput dataJustin B Kinney
Physics Department and Lewis Sigler Institute for Integrative Genomics, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:501-6. 2007..Results from in vivo and in vitro experiments also provide highly consistent characterizations of Abf1p, a result that contrasts with a previous analysis of the same data...
- Concerted activities of Mcm4, Sld3, and Dbf4 in control of origin activation and DNA replication fork progressionYi Jun Sheu
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, New York 11724, USA
Genome Res 26:315-30. 2016..Thus, in response to cellular conditions, the functions executed by Sld3, Dbf4, and the regulatory domain of Mcm4 intersect to control origin firing and replication fork progression, thereby ensuring genome stability. ..
- Domain within the helicase subunit Mcm4 integrates multiple kinase signals to control DNA replication initiation and fork progressionYi Jun Sheu
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:E1899-908. 2014..Together, our data suggest that the eukaryotic MCM helicase contains an intrinsic regulatory domain that integrates multiple signals to coordinate origin activation and replication fork progression under stress conditions. ..
- Equitability, mutual information, and the maximal information coefficientJustin B Kinney
Simons Center for Quantitative Biology, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:3354-9. 2014..We conclude that estimating mutual information provides a natural (and often practical) way to equitably quantify statistical associations in large datasets. ..