Robert J Coffey
- Not all intrathecal catheter tip MRI findings are inflammatory massesRobert J Coffey
Anesth Analg 104:1600-2; author reply 1602. 2007
- Neurostimulation for chronic noncancer pain: an evaluation of the clinical evidence and recommendations for future trial designsRobert J Coffey
Medtronic, Inc, Minneapolis, MN, USA
J Neurosurg 105:175-89. 2006..In light of the risks, efforts, costs, and expectations associated with neurostimulation therapies, a careful reexamination of the methods used to gather evidence for this treatment's long-term efficacy is in order...
- Medical practice perspective: identification and mitigation of risk factors for mortality associated with intrathecal opioids for non-cancer painRobert J Coffey
Medtronic Inc, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55432, USA
Pain Med 11:1001-9. 2010..Both of those objectives involve judgments, which may be controversial and are subject to practical limitations...
- Mortality associated with implantation and management of intrathecal opioid drug infusion systems to treat noncancer painRobert J Coffey
Divisions of Neuromodulation Clinical Research, Regulatory Vigilance, and Biostatistics, Medtronic Inc, 7000 Central Avenue NE, Minneapolis, MN 55432, USA
Anesthesiology 111:881-91. 2009..The authors performed investigations to quantify that mortality and compare the results to control populations, including spinal cord stimulation and low back surgery...
- Intrathecal gabapentin to treat chronic intractable noncancer painRichard Rauck
Center for Clinical Research, LLC, Carolinas Pain Institute PA, Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA
Anesthesiology 119:675-86. 2013..Its nonopioid properties and presumed spinal site of analgesic action made the study on intrathecal gabapentin attractive to establish the minimum effective dose for a later, pivotal trial...
- Cerebrospinal fluid pressure measurement in the ovine intrathecal space: a preliminary study towards the diagnosis of intrathecal drug administration catheter dislodgement or occlusionRobert J Coffey
Neuromodulation Clinical and Emerging Therapies, Medtronic, Inc, Minneapolis, Minn, USA robert coffey medtronic com
Stereotact Funct Neurosurg 88:337-44. 2010..We determined that normal baseline intrathecal cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) pressure recordings could be obtained in an ovine model and in a catheter dislodgement scenario...
- Deep brain stimulation devices: a brief technical history and reviewRobert J Coffey
Medtronic, Inc, 7000 Central Avenue NE, Minneapolis, MN 55432, USA
Artif Organs 33:208-20. 2009..We will briefly review the history and present status of DBS from a technical and device-oriented perspective, with an eye toward future advances...
- Inflammatory mass lesions associated with intrathecal drug infusion catheters: report and observations on 41 patientsRobert J Coffey
Medtronic, Inc, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Neurosurgery 50:78-86; discussion 86-7. 2002..We evaluated the number of patients reported with this condition and whether data support hypotheses that have been put forth regarding the cause of these lesions...
- Prevention and management of intrathecal drug delivery and spinal cord stimulation system infectionsKenneth A Follett
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, 52242, USA
Anesthesiology 100:1582-94. 2004
- "Marchand S, Kupers RC, Bushnell MC, Duncan GH. Analgesic and placebo effects of thalamic stimulation. Pain 2003;105:481-8"Robert J Coffey
Pain 109:522-3; author reply 523-4. 2004
- Re: Neurostimulation system used for deep brain stimulation (DBS): MR safety issues and implications of failing to follow safety recommendationsRobert J Coffey
Invest Radiol 39:304. 2004