Bernard N Stulberg
Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Results and lessons learned from a United States hip resurfacing investigational device exemption trialBernard N Stulberg
Cleveland Clinic Orthopaedic and Rheumatologic Institute, 1730 West 25th Street, 4E, Cleveland, OH 44113, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 90:21-6. 2008..In this study, we compared the clinical and radiographic results of a new resurfacing device with those in a historical group of standard total hip arthroplasties...
- Resurfacing arthroplasty for patients with osteonecrosisBernard N Stulberg
Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
Bull NYU Hosp Jt Dis 67:138-41. 2009..Further characterization is needed to identify those specific patients with osteonecrosis for whom resurfacing arthroplasty would be appropriate...
- Early return to function after hip resurfacing: is it better than contemporary total hip arthroplasty?Bernard N Stulberg
Cleveland Clinic Orthopaedic and Rheumatologic Institute, Cleveland, Ohio 44113, USA
J Arthroplasty 25:748-53. 2010....
- Bilateral patellar component shear failure of highly cross-linked polyethylene components: report of a case and laboratory analysis of failure mechanismsBernard N Stulberg
Orthopaedic and Rheumatologic Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44113, USA
J Arthroplasty 27:789-96. 2012..The test results and retrieval analysis suggest that high activity level and inadequate cement fixation of the patellar component may contribute to all-polyethylene patellar component peg fractures...
- What are the guidelines for the surgical and nonsurgical treatment of periprosthetic osteolysis?Bernard N Stulberg
Center for Joint Reconstruction, Cleveland Orthopaedic and Spine Hospital at Lutheran, Cleveland Clinic Health System, Cleveland, OH, USA
J Am Acad Orthop Surg 16:S20-5. 2008..A standardized follow-up evaluation mechanism for all patients should be a part of total joint arthroplasty management...
- The HA taper: belt & suspenders?Bernard N Stulberg
Cleveland Center for Joint Reconstruction, Inc, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Orthopedics 30:744-5. 2007
- What patient and surgical factors contribute to implant wear and osteolysis in total joint arthroplasty?Audrey K Tsao
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Am Acad Orthop Surg 16:S7-13. 2008..Although these categories are interrelated and not mutually exclusive, they enable us to build a framework in which to further advance our understanding of osteolysis and apply this information in a clinically relevant manner...
- What is the outcome of treatment for osteolysis?William Maloney
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
J Am Acad Orthop Surg 16:S26-32. 2008..In general, patient age and activity level, the location and size of the osteolytic defect, and the clinical record of the implant system will dictate treatment choices...
- How prevalent are implant wear and osteolysis, and how has the scope of osteolysis changed since 2000?Amanda Marshall
University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX, USA
J Am Acad Orthop Surg 16:S1-6. 2008....
- How have alternative bearings (such as metal-on-metal, highly cross-linked polyethylene, and ceramic-on-ceramic) affected the prevention and treatment of osteolysis?John J Callaghan
University of Iowa, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Iowa City, IA, USA
J Am Acad Orthop Surg 16:S33-8. 2008..However, long-term data are presently unavailable; the future performance of these bearings awaits clinical validation...
- How are wear-related problems diagnosed and what forms of surveillance are necessary?Henrik Malchau
Harvard Medical School, The Harris Orthopaedic Biomechanics and Biomaterials Laboratory, Adult Reconstructive Unit, Department of Orthopedics, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
J Am Acad Orthop Surg 16:S14-9. 2008..MRI can more accurately localize both osseous and soft-tissue particulate disease, and detect granuloma and compression on adjacent nerves and vessels...