Douglas L Seidner
Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Parenteral nutrition-associated metabolic bone diseaseDouglas L Seidner
Department of Gastroenterology, Ohio State University Medical School and The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, USA
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 26:S37-42. 2002....
- Nutritional issues in the surgical patientDouglas L Seidner
Digestive Disease Center, Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 73:S77-81. 2006
- An oral supplement enriched with fish oil, soluble fiber, and antioxidants for corticosteroid sparing in ulcerative colitis: a randomized, controlled trialDouglas L Seidner
Department of Gastroenterology A30, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 3:358-69. 2005....
- Essential fatty acid deficiency in human adults during parenteral nutritionCynthia Hamilton
Nutrition Support Team, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Euclid Avenue A 80, OH 44195, USA
Nutr Clin Pract 21:387-94. 2006
- Body composition changes in cachectic patients receiving home parenteral nutritionLaura E Matarese
Department of General Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 26:366-71. 2002..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the initial body compositional changes experienced by malnourished patients requiring home parenteral nutrition (HPN) for repletion...
- Growth hormone, glutamine, and modified diet for intestinal adaptationLaura E Matarese
Nutrition Intestinal Rehabilitation, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 104:1265-72. 2004..The analysis suggests administering recombinant human growth hormone alone or together with glutamine with or without a modified diet may be of benefit when the appropriate patients are selected for treatment...
- Metabolic bone disease and parenteral nutritionCynthia Hamilton
Nutrition Support and Vascular Access Department, Department of Gastroenterology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Desk A30, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Curr Gastroenterol Rep 6:335-41. 2004..Recent developments in pharmacologic treatment for osteoporosis show promise for patients with MBD receiving PN...
- The role of probiotics in gastrointestinal diseaseLaura E Matarese
The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Intestinal Rehabilitation Program A80, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Nutr Clin Pract 18:507-16. 2003..This paper reviews the studies that have used probiotics to treat patients with short bowel syndrome and gastrointestinal disorders. Additionally, some of the specific issues regarding probiotics are addressed...
- Metabolic bone disease in gastrointestinal illnessSusan E Williams
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, A 30, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Gastroenterol Clin North Am 36:161-90, viii. 2007....
- Tip position of long-term central venous access devices used for parenteral nutritionRobert DeChicco
Nutrition Support Team, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44145, USA
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 31:382-7. 2007..The purpose of this study is to determine the prevalence of improper central VAD tip position and factors associated with malpositioning...
- Review of a potential role for zinc supplementation in oral rehydration solutionsLaura E Matarese
The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Intestinal Rehabilitation Program, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Nutr Clin Pract 18:240-6. 2003..Based on studies evaluating the use of oral zinc supplementation in the treatment of acute diarrhea, recommendations are made for the composition of ORS in adults...
- Management of a traumatic gastric ulcer with a low-profile gastrostomy tubeDouglas L Seidner
Department of Gastroenterology, A30, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195 5218, USA
Nutr Clin Pract 20:88-92. 2005..Usually, removal of the tube and placement in a different location may solve the problem. However, we believe that the PEG tube fashioned with a low-profile internal bumper is a safer option...
- Liver failure is uncommon in adults receiving long-term parenteral nutritionRichard Salvino
Department of Nutrition Support and Vascular Access, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 30:202-8. 2006..The purpose of this historic cohort study was to investigate the incidence of and possible factors leading to the development of liver disease in our large home PN population...
- Measured versus estimated aluminum content of parenteral nutrient solutionsRex A Speerhas
Department of Gastroenterology and Hematology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 64:740-6. 2007..A study was conducted to directly measure the aluminum concentration in a select number of parenteral nutrient (PN) solutions and to compare this value with the calculated dose using the concentrations reported by the manufacturer...
- Perioperative nutrition support: who and howRichard M Salvino
Department of Gastroenterology, MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland, OH, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 71:345-51. 2004....
- Is there a role for bowel rest in nutrition management of Crohn's disease?Dawn M Wiese
Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
Nutr Clin Pract 23:309-17. 2008..Data regarding the efficacy, composition, and overall role of adult enteral nutrition in the management of Crohn's disease are presented. This article revisits the Greenberg paper and discusses some of these innovations in nutrition...
- Practical guide to intestinal rehabilitation for postresection intestinal failure: a case studyLaura E Matarese
Intestinal Rehabilitation and Transplant Center, Thomas E Starzl Transplantation Institute, UPMC Montefiore, 7 South, 3459 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Nutr Clin Pract 20:551-8. 2005..She continues not to receive IV fluids and continues to follow the intestinal rehabilitation plan...
- Nutrition in inflammatory bowel diseaseRazvi Razack
Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine, Rootstown, OH, USA
Curr Opin Gastroenterol 23:400-5. 2007..Therefore, an understanding of the relationship between nutrients and inflammatory bowel disease is important if these patients are to receive optimal care...
- Peripherally inserted central catheter malposition in a persistent left superior vena cavaPatricia A Kamola
The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland Ohio 44195, USA
J Infus Nurs 27:181-4. 2004..A contrast injection study showed the presence of a PLSVC with the absence of a normal right superior vena cava. The tip of the peripherally inserted central venous catheter was found to be at a satisfactory location within the PLSVC...
- Clinical trial of interactive and videotaped educational interventions reduce infection, reactive depression, and rehospitalizations for sepsis in patients on home parenteral nutritionCarol E Smith
University of Kansas Medical Center, Lenexa, USA
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 27:137-45. 2003....