Jagan A Pillai
Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Retinal Nerve Fiber Layer Thinning in Alzheimer's Disease: A Case-Control Study in Comparison to Normal Aging, Parkinson's Disease, and Non-Alzheimer's DementiaJagan A Pillai
Department of Neurology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
Am J Alzheimers Dis Other Demen 31:430-6. 2016....
- Sleep and Neurodegeneration: a critical appraisalJagan A Pillai
Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health Neurological Institute Department of Neurology Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195 Electronic address
Chest . 2017..The clinical importance of recognizing and managing sleep changes in neurodegenerative disorders is beyond doubt...
- Orbitofrontal cortex dysfunction in psychogenic non-epileptic seizures. A proposal for a two-factor modelJagan A Pillai
Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, United States Electronic address
Med Hypotheses 84:363-9. 2015..We further explore the implications of this two-factor model, including possible therapies. ..
- Systematic review of strengths and limitations of randomized controlled trials for non-pharmacological interventions in mild cognitive impairment: focus on Alzheimer's diseaseT Horr
J A Pillai, MBBS, PhD, Staff Neurologist, Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, 9500 Euclid Ave U10, Cleveland, OH 44195, Tel 216 636 9467, Fax 216 445 7013, E mail
J Nutr Health Aging 19:141-53. 2015..An analysis of trial design strengths and limitations may help researchers clarify treatment effect and design future studies of non-pharmacological interventions for MCI related to AD...
- Clinical trials in predementia stages of Alzheimer diseaseJagan A Pillai
Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Med Clin North Am 97:439-57. 2013..Design, outcome measures, and complexities in successfully completing a clinical trial targeting this population are reviewed...
- Impact of Alzheimer's Disease, Lewy Body and Vascular Co-Pathologies on Clinical Transition to Dementia in a National Autopsy CohortJagan A Pillai
Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 42:106-16. 2016..We examined the effect of vascular or Lewy body co-pathologies in subjects with autopsy-confirmed Alzheimer's disease (AD) on the rate of cognitive and functional decline and transition to dementia...
- Higher working memory predicts slower functional decline in autopsy-confirmed Alzheimer's diseaseJagan A Pillai
Department of Neurology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 38:224-33. 2014..There is heterogeneity in the pattern of early cognitive deficits in Alzheimer's disease (AD). However, whether the severity of initial cognitive deficits relates to different clinical trajectories of AD progression is unclear...
- Review of information and communication technology devices for monitoring functional and cognitive decline in Alzheimer's disease clinical trialsJagan A Pillai
Department of Neurology and Lou Ruvo Center, Brain Health Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
J Healthc Eng 6:71-83. 2015....