Melissa P Piliang
Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Acral Lentiginous MelanomaMelissa Peck Piliang
Department of Dermatology and Department of Anatomic Pathology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue A61, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA Electronic address
Surg Pathol Clin 2:535-41. 2009..Single melanocytes predominate over nests. The tumor must be distinguished from benign acral lentiginous nevi, which can display site-related atypia. ..
- A new category of autoinflammatory disease associated with NOD2 gene mutationsQingping Yao
Department of Rheumatic and Immunologic Diseases, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 13:R148. 2011..This study characterized a cohort of patients with similar phenotypes and nucleotide oligomerization domain 2 (NOD2) gene mutations...
- Women with ulcerating, painful skin lesionsMelissa P Piliang
Department of Dermatology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 75:414, 418, 422. 2008
- Acral lentiginous melanomaMelissa Peck Piliang
Department of Dermatology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
Clin Lab Med 31:281-8. 2011..Single melanocytes predominate over nests. The tumor must be distinguished from benign acral lentiginous nevi, which can display site-related atypia...
- Pagetoid Spitz nevi: clinicopathologic characterization of a series of 12 casesAnthony P Fernandez
Department of Dermatology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Cutan Pathol 43:932-939. 2016..Pagetoid Spitz nevus is an uncommon Spitz nevus variant characterized by a predominantly intraepidermal proliferation of single epithelioid melanocytes. Recognition of this variant is important to avoid misdiagnosis as melanoma...
- Clinical Efficacy of Diphenylcyclopropenone in Alopecia Areata: Retrospective Data Analysis of 50 PatientsKatherine S Chiang
Department of Dermatology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Investig Dermatol Symp Proc 17:50-5. 2015..The results of this study support our belief that DPCP therapy is a viable treatment option, can be successfully accomplished at home, and should not be terminated before 2 years. ..
- Morphologic mimickers of Cryptococcus occurring within inflammatory infiltrates in the setting of neutrophilic dermatitis: a series of three cases highlighting clinical dilemmas associated with a novel histopathologic pitfallJennifer S Ko
Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Cutan Pathol 40:38-45. 2013..We believe recognition of this microscopic pitfall will be useful to dermatopathologists faced with similar findings in the future, and may prevent unnecessary delay of appropriate therapy in acutely ill patients...
- Secondary syphilis in HIV positive individuals: correlation with histopathologic findings, CD4 counts, and quantity of treponemes in microscopic sectionsGabriela Rosa
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Institute, The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
J Cutan Pathol 43:847-51. 2016..Although syphilis is uncommon, infection rates are much higher in HIV-infected individuals than the general population. A proposed explanation is impaired cellular immunity with HIV infection...
- Epidermal multinucleated keratinocytes: a histopathologic clue to dermatitis artefactaDaniel Gutierrez
School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
J Cutan Pathol 43:880-3. 2016....
- Prevalence of hormonal and endocrine dysfunction in patients with lichen planopilaris (LPP): A retrospective data analysis of 168 patientsGeraldine Cheyana Ranasinghe
Department of Dermatology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Washington, District of Columbia
J Am Acad Dermatol 76:314-320. 2017..Studies on the pathophysiology and comorbidities associated with lichen planopilaris (LPP) and frontal fibrosing alopecia (FFA) are limited...
- Histological pattern of Merkel cell carcinoma sentinel lymph node metastasis improves stratification of Stage III patientsJennifer S Ko
Department of Pathology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Mod Pathol 29:122-30. 2016....
- ILK Index and Regrowth in Alopecia AreataAlicia M Stallings
Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Investig Dermatol Symp Proc 17:47-9. 2015..Although the difference did not meet significance (<0.1), the trend suggests that the ILK index, a novel calculation, may be a useful tool for guiding ILK dosing in the treatment of AA. ..
- Scalp metastasis from esophageal adenocarcinoma: comparative histopathology dictates surgical approachGaby Doumit
Department of Plastic Surgery, Institute of Dermatology and Plastic Surgery, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
Ann Plast Surg 71:60-2. 2013..We recommend excising the galea with the skin as an en bloc resection. This will both assure clear deep margins of resection and assist in a tension-free closure of the scalp...