Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Evaluation of the Duration of Action and Comparative Effectiveness of Lisdexamfetamine Dimesylate and Behavioral Treatment in Youth With ADHD in a Quasi-Naturalistic SettingMichael J Manos
Cleveland Clinic, OH, USA
J Atten Disord 19:578-90. 2015..This study compared the relative effects of three treatment conditions: long-acting stimulant medication (MED), behavior modification, and medication/behavioral treatments combined (COM) in children with ADHD...
- Psychosocial therapy in the treatment of adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderMichael J Manos
Children s Hospital, Cleveland Clinic Pediatric Behavioral Health, Cleveland, OH 44104, USA
Postgrad Med 125:51-64. 2013..The sequenced presentation of symptom reduction and skill acquisition plays a key role in coordinating psychosocial therapy and pharmacotherapy in a multimodal strategy for the effective treatment of adult ADHD. ..
- Changes in emotions related to medication used to treat ADHD. Part I: literature reviewMichael J Manos
Children s Hospital, Cleveland Clinic, OH 44195, USA
J Atten Disord 15:101-12. 2011....
- Pharmacologic treatment of ADHD: road conditions in driving patients to successful outcomesMichael J Manos
Center for Pediatric Behavioral Health, Pediatric Institute and Children s Hospital, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Medscape J Med 10:5. 2008..Additional research is needed on approaches for treating ADHD in adolescents transitioning into adulthood, as are studies on the relationships between ADHD and comorbidities such as substance use disorder...
- Changes and challenges: managing ADHD in a fast-paced worldMichael J Manos
Children s Hospital, 9500 Euclid Ave, Desk A120, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 13:S2-S13; quiz S14-S16. 2007..The Texas Children's Medication Algorithm Project (CMAP) provides a system of algorithm-driven treatment decisions that is evidence based and easy to implement...
- HRQL and medication satisfaction in children with ADHD treated with the methylphenidate transdermal systemMichael Manos
Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 25:3001-10. 2009....
- Voices of the collaboration team: comments for the pediatric neurologistMichael Manos
Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Semin Pediatr Neurol 12:259-67. 2005
- Time course and predictors of health-related quality of life improvement and medication satisfaction in children diagnosed with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder treated with the methylphenidate transdermal systemThomas W Frazier
Center for Pediatric Behavioral Health and Center for Autism Children s Hospital, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 20:355-64. 2010....
- Developmental and subtype differences in behavioral assets and problems in children diagnosed with ADHDElizabeth J Short
Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Atten Disord 11:28-36. 2007..Developmental and subtype differences in behavioral assets and problems were examined in 318 children newly diagnosed with ADHD...
- A prospective study of stimulant response in preschool children: insights from ROC analysesElizabeth J Short
Department of Psychology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 43:251-9. 2004..The purpose of this study was to examine the efficacy of psychostimulant medication in a naturalistic sample of preschoolers. Benefits and side effects for methylphenidate and mixed amphetamine salts (Adderall) were examined...
- Methylphenidate in the treatment of children and adolescents with bipolar disorder and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderRobert L Findling
Department of Psychiatry, Case Western Reserve University, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, OH 44106 5080, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 46:1445-53. 2007..To examine the short-term efficacy of methylphenidate in the treatment of youths with bipolar disorder (BD) and comorbid attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- Acetyl-L-carnitine (ALC) in attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a multi-site, placebo-controlled pilot trialL Eugene Arnold
The Ohio State University Nisonger Center, Columbus, OH, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 17:791-802. 2007..Trials in Down's syndrome, migraine, and Alzheimer's disease showed benefit for attention. A preliminary trial in ADHD using L-carnitine reported significant benefit...
- Varying the wear time of the methylphenidate transdermal system in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderTimothy E Wilens
Pediatric Psychopharmacology Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 47:700-8. 2008..The objectives of this study were to determine the efficacy, duration of action, and safety of methylphenidate transdermal system worn for variable times by children (ages 6-12) diagnosed with ADHD...
- A dose-ranging study of a methylphenidate transdermal system in children with ADHDWilliam E Pelham
State University of New York at Buffalo, NY, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 44:522-9. 2005..Medication (placebo, 0.45, 0.9, and 1.8 mg/h) was crossed with application time (6 a.m., 7 a.m.) to evaluate MTS efficacy and influence of exposure time on morning effects...
- Efficacy of Adderall and methylphenidate in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: a drug-placebo and drug-drug response curve analysis of a naturalistic studyStephen V Faraone
Pediatric Psychopharmacology Unit of the Child Psychiatry Service, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 5:121-9. 2002..The analyses also highlight an important subgroup of placebo responders, which suggests that future research should focus on how to predict robust placebo response in ADHD patients...