Umesh N Khot
Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Nitroprusside in critically ill patients with left ventricular dysfunction and aortic stenosisUmesh N Khot
Indiana Heart Physicians, Indianapolis 46107, USA
N Engl J Med 348:1756-63. 2003..However, vasodilators such as nitroprusside may improve myocardial performance if peripheral vasoconstriction is contributing to afterload...
- Emergency department physician activation of the catheterization laboratory and immediate transfer to an immediately available catheterization laboratory reduce door-to-balloon time in ST-elevation myocardial infarctionUmesh N Khot
Indiana Heart Physicians St Francis Heart Center, 5330 E Stop 11 Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46237, USA
Circulation 116:67-76. 2007..However, there are limited prospective data on specific measures to significantly reduce door-to-balloon time...
- Financial impact of reducing door-to-balloon time in ST-elevation myocardial infarction: a single hospital experienceUmesh N Khot
Indiana Heart Physicians, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 9:32. 2009..The impact of reducing door-to-balloon time on hospital revenues, costs, and net income is unknown...
- Severe renal dysfunction complicating cardiogenic shock is not a contraindication to mechanical support as a bridge to cardiac transplantationUmesh N Khot
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Kaufman Center for Heart Failure, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 41:381-5. 2003..This study investigated outcomes in patients with cardiogenic shock and severe renal dysfunction treated with ventricular assist devices (VAD) as a bridge to cardiac transplantation...
- Prevalence of conventional risk factors in patients with coronary heart diseaseUmesh N Khot
Department of Cardiology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
JAMA 290:898-904. 2003..This claim implies that other factors play a significant role in CHD and has led to considerable interest in nontraditional risk factors and genetic causes of CHD...
- Prognostic importance of physical examination for heart failure in non-ST-elevation acute coronary syndromes: the enduring value of Killip classificationUmesh N Khot
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
JAMA 290:2174-81. 2003..Although well studied in ST-elevation myocardial infarction, the prognostic importance of Killip classification in non-ST-elevation acute coronary syndromes is not well established...
- Radial artery bypass grafts have an increased occurrence of angiographically severe stenosis and occlusion compared with left internal mammary arteries and saphenous vein graftsUmesh N Khot
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Circulation 109:2086-91. 2004..The radial artery has been increasingly used in CABG. However, angiographic outcome data have been limited...
- Effects of sodium nitroprusside in aortic stenosis associated with severe heart failure: pressure-volume loop analysis using a numerical modelZoran B Popovic
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 288:H416-23. 2005..In conclusion, using a numerical model, we identified ventricular function parameters that are responsible for improved hemodynamics during SNP infusion in AS with LV dysfunction...
- A hospital-wide system to ensure rapid treatment time across the entire spectrum of emergency percutaneous interventionUmesh N Khot
Cleveland Clinic Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 88:678-689. 2016..This study's aim was to describe a hospital-wide system to deliver rapid door-to-balloon time across the entire spectrum of emergency percutaneous intervention...
- Impact of lean six sigma process improvement methodology on cardiac catheterization laboratory efficiencyShikhar Agarwal
Sones Cardiac Catheterization Laboratories, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, J2 3, Heart and Vascular Institute, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195
Cardiovasc Revasc Med 17:95-101. 2016..We aimed to study the impact of lean six sigma implementation on improving the efficiency and the patient throughput in our Cath Lab...
- Radial-artery coronary bypass graftsUmesh N Khot
N Engl J Med 352:941-2; author reply 941-2. 2005