Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Mononuclear phagocytes migrate into the murine cochlea after acoustic traumaKeiko Hirose
Head and Neck Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Comp Neurol 489:180-94. 2005..Immunohistochemistry demonstrates that these cochlear cells are derived from the monocyte/macrophage lineage and serve a phagocytic function in the inner ear...
- Lateral wall histopathology and endocochlear potential in the noise-damaged mouse cochleaKeiko Hirose
Department of Otolaryngology and Communicative Disorders, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Assoc Res Otolaryngol 4:339-52. 2003..However, EP loss could contribute to acute threshold shifts that resolve to a PTS. EP recovery despite significant strial degeneration may be partly due to decreased transduction current caused by hair cell damage...
- Repopulation of cochlear macrophages in murine hematopoietic progenitor cell chimeras: the role of CX3CR1Eisuke Sato
Neuroinflammation Research Center, Department of Neurosciences, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Comp Neurol 506:930-42. 2008..Furthermore, CX3CR1 in hematopoietic precursors is not necessary for macrophage migration into cochlea and when deleted in this cell population, the absence of CX3CR1 does not substantially effect the outcomes after noise...
- Intracapsular tonsillar reduction (partial tonsillectomy): reviving a historical procedure for obstructive sleep disordered breathing in childrenPeter J Koltai
Section of Pediatric Otolaryngology, The Children s Hospital at The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, A71, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 129:532-8. 2003....
- CC chemokine receptor 2 is protective against noise-induced hair cell death: studies in CX3CR1(+/GFP) miceNathan B Sautter
Head and Neck Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Assoc Res Otolaryngol 7:361-72. 2006..Possible mechanisms of neuroprotection by CCR2 are discussed...
- Safety and efficacy of powered intracapsular tonsillectomy in children: a multi-center retrospective case seriesC Arturo Solares
The Section of Pediatric Otolaryngology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue A71, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 69:21-6. 2005..We also wanted to determine if the trend to greater safety through reduced bleeding and re-admission for dehydration, noted in our initial reports, would become statistically significant in a larger sample...
- Dynamics of noise-induced cellular injury and repair in the mouse cochleaYong Wang
Eaton Peabody Laboratory, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Assoc Res Otolaryngol 3:248-68. 2002..Insights into mechanisms of acute and chronic noise-induced cellular damage are discussed...
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and postoperative bleeding following adenotonsillectomy in pediatric patientsAnita Jeyakumar
Department of Otolaryngology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 134:24-7. 2008..To assess the effects of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) on bleeding for pediatric adenotonsillectomy in a retrospective study, based on the common practices at 2 different tertiary care facilities...
- Expression of the carrier protein apolipoprotein D in the mouse inner earMichael S Hildebrand
Department of Gene Identification and Expression, Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Royal Children s Hospital, Flemington Road, Parkville, Melbourne, VIC 3052, Australia
Hear Res 200:102-14. 2005..The mouse was found to have a hearing threshold that was not significantly different to the control strain...
- Orphan glutamate receptor delta1 subunit required for high-frequency hearingJiangang Gao
Department of Developmental Neurobiology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:4500-12. 2007....
- Studying the structure of microtubules by electron microscopyLinda A Amos
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK
Methods Mol Med 137:65-91. 2007..Gold labeling can be used to mark the positions of certain regions of protein sequence...
- Electron microscopy of degenerative changes in the chick basilar papilla after gentamicin exposureKeiko Hirose
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Comp Neurol 470:164-80. 2004....