Anthony P Fernandez
Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Pagetoid Spitz nevi: clinicopathologic characterization of a series of 12 casesAnthony P Fernandez
Department of Dermatology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Cutan Pathol 43:932-939. 2016..Pagetoid Spitz nevus is an uncommon Spitz nevus variant characterized by a predominantly intraepidermal proliferation of single epithelioid melanocytes. Recognition of this variant is important to avoid misdiagnosis as melanoma...
- Dermatology update: The dawn of targeted treatmentAnthony Fernandez
Director of Medical and Inpatient Dermatology, Department of Dermatology, and Department of Anatomic Pathology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA E mail
Cleve Clin J Med 82:309-20. 2015..Research is ongoing to address continuing challenges of drug resistance, adverse effects, and how best to use the new medications. ..
- The role of the immune response in merkel cell carcinomaPierre L Triozzi
Taussig Cancer Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Cancers (Basel) 5:234-54. 2013..MCCs often develop, however, despite the presence of humoral and cellular immune responses. A better understanding on how MCPyV and MCC evade the immune response will be necessary to develop effective immunotherapies. ..
- Histopathologic analysis of dermal lymphatic alterations in chronic venous insufficiency ulcers using D2-40Anthony P Fernandez
University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Department of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery, Miami, Florida, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 64:1123.e1-12. 2011..Other abnormalities, such as chronic leg edema, may also play pathogenic roles in CVI ulcer development and further understanding of such alterations may lead to better treatments...
- Morphologic mimickers of Cryptococcus occurring within inflammatory infiltrates in the setting of neutrophilic dermatitis: a series of three cases highlighting clinical dilemmas associated with a novel histopathologic pitfallJennifer S Ko
Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Cutan Pathol 40:38-45. 2013..We believe recognition of this microscopic pitfall will be useful to dermatopathologists faced with similar findings in the future, and may prevent unnecessary delay of appropriate therapy in acutely ill patients...
- Fully automated dual-color dual-hapten silver in situ hybridization staining for MYC amplification: a diagnostic tool for discriminating secondary angiosarcomaJennifer S Ko
Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
J Cutan Pathol 41:286-92. 2014....
- Langerhans cell collections, but not eosinophils, are clues to a diagnosis of allergic contact dermatitis in appropriate skin biopsiesGabriela Rosa
Department of Pathology, The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
J Cutan Pathol 43:498-504. 2016..We correlated the presence of LCCs and eosinophils in skin biopsies with patch test results in patients evaluated for ACD...
- Microvenular hemangioma: a clinicopathologic review of 13 casesKarl M Napekoski
Departments of Pathology and Dermatology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
J Cutan Pathol 41:816-22. 2014..Microvenular hemangioma is an uncommon benign vascular tumor that can potentially be mistaken for malignancy...
- Epidermal multinucleated keratinocytes: a histopathologic clue to dermatitis artefactaDaniel Gutierrez
School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
J Cutan Pathol 43:880-3. 2016....