Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Tip position of long-term central venous access devices used for parenteral nutritionRobert DeChicco
Nutrition Support Team, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44145, USA
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 31:382-7. 2007..The purpose of this study is to determine the prevalence of improper central VAD tip position and factors associated with malpositioning...
- Developing an education program for nutrition support teamsRobert DeChicco
Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Nutr Clin Pract 25:481-9. 2010....
- Expediting Transition to Home Parenteral Nutrition With Fast-Track CyclingSandra I Austhof
Center for Human Nutrition TT 22, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr . 2015..The purpose was to determine whether patients requiring long-term PN can be cycled from 24 hours to 12 hours in 1 day instead of 2 days without increasing the risk of PN-related AEs...
- Ethanol lock therapy in reducing catheter-related bloodstream infections in adult home parenteral nutrition patients: results of a retrospective studyBijo K John
Digestive Diseases Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 36:603-10. 2012..The objective of this study is to investigate the efficacy of ELT in reducing the incidence of CRBSIs in HPN patients...
- Thirty-Day Readmission Rate Is High for Hospitalized Patients Discharged With Home Parenteral Nutrition or Intravenous FluidsHiren Vallabh
Department of Gastroenterology, West Virginia University Ruby Memorial Hospital, Morgantown, West Virginia, USA Center for Human Nutrition, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr . 2016..There are no published studies examining the rate of, and risk factors for, 30-day readmissions for patients discharged with home parenteral support (HPS)...
- Type and prevalence of adverse events during the parenteral nutrition cycling process in patients being prepared for dischargeSreenija Suryadevara
Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Nutr Clin Pract 27:268-73. 2012..The mechanism for cycling parenteral nutrition (PN) varies from institution to institution. However, the types and frequency of adverse events (AEs) involved with this process are not well understood...
- Comparison Between Handgrip Dynamometry and Manual Muscle Testing Performed by Registered Dietitians in Measuring Muscle Strength and Function of Hospitalized PatientsLindsay Dowhan
Digestive Disease Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 40:951-8. 2016..The purpose of this study was to determine whether manual muscle testing (MMT) performed by registered dietitians (RDs) can be used as a surrogate measurement of muscle strength and function in hospitalized patients...