Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Integrating biological knowledge with gene expression profiles for survival prediction of cancerXi Chen
Department of Quantitative Health Sciences, The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Comput Biol 16:265-78. 2009....
- Supervised principal component analysis for gene set enrichment of microarray data with continuous or survival outcomesXi Chen
Department of Quantitative Health Sciences, The Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Ave Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Bioinformatics 24:2474-81. 2008..PCA is an effective method for reducing high dimensionality and capture variations in gene expression values. However, one limitation with PCA is that the latent variable identified by the first PC may be unrelated to outcome...
- Improved time-zero biomechanical properties using poly-L-lactic acid graft augmentation in a cadaveric rotator cuff repair modelJesse A McCarron
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 19:688-96. 2010..This study was designed to determine whether application of a woven poly-L-lactic acid device (X-Repair; Synthasome, San Diego, CA) would improve the mechanical properties of rotator cuff repair in vitro...
- An integrated approach for the analysis of biological pathways using mixed modelsLily Wang
Department of Biostatistics, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, United States of America
PLoS Genet 4:e1000115. 2008..We compare the properties of this mixed models approach with nonparametric method GSEA and parametric method PAGE using a simulation study, and illustrate its application with a diabetes data set and a dose-response data set...
- Wnt signaling: the good and the badXi Chen
Sealy Center for Cancer Cell Biology, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Texas Medical Branch, 301 University Blvd, Galveston, Texas 77555 1048, USA
Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 40:577-94. 2008..In this review, we will discuss in detail the functions of many components involved in the Wnt signal transduction pathway. Then, we will explore what is known about the role of Wnt signaling in stem cells and cancers...
- Error analysis of calibration materials on dual-energy mammographyXuanqin Mou
Institute of Image Processing and Pattern Recognition, Xi an Jiaotong University Xi an, Shaanxi 710049, China
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 10:596-603. 2007..The evaluation of several popular phantoms shows that it is of great importance to adopt the phantom materials approaching human breast most...
- Recognizing falls from silhouettesDerek Anderson
Dept of Electr and Comput Eng, Missouri Univ, Columbia, MO 65203, USA
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 1:6388-91. 2006..In this paper, we present preliminary results that demonstrate the usefulness of this approach for distinguishing between a few common activities, specifically with fall detection in mind...
- A conserved G protein (Drg1p) plays a role in regulation of invasive filamentation in Candida albicansXi Chen
Department of Molecular Biology and Microbiology, and Genetics Program, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Microbiology 152:3691-700. 2006..These results implicate Drg1p in the control of invasive filamentation in the laboratory, and in the progression of invasive disease in the host...
- Expression profiling and mutant analysis reveals complex regulatory networks involved in Arabidopsis response to Botrytis infectionSynan Abuqamar
Department of Botany and Plant Pathology, Purdue University, 915 West State Street, West Lafayette, IN 47907 2054, USA
Plant J 48:28-44. 2006....
- A novel high-throughput genetic screen for stress-responsive mutants of Arabidopsis thaliana reveals new loci involving stress responsesS Rama Devi
Department of Genetics, Development and Cell Biology, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Plant J 47:652-63. 2006..The phenotype observed with the Delta8L4 mutant was further verified using RNAi plants for At4g24275 (8L4-RNAi), suggesting the feasibility of use of this high-throughput mutant screening in isolating stress-signaling mutants...
- Abnormal gene expression profiles in unaffected parents of patients with hereditary-type retinoblastomaEric Y Chuang
Radiation Biology and Oncology Branches, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute NIH, Bethesda, MD, USA
Cancer Res 66:3428-33. 2006..Further study of this phenomenon may offer a new insight into the genetic mechanisms of Rb and perhaps more broadly in cancer biology...
- Evaluation of hybridization conditions for spotted oligonucleotide-based DNA microarraysMong Hsun Tsai
Radiation Oncology Sciences Program, Radiation Oncology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, 8717 Grovemont Cr, Room 109J, Gaithersburg, MD 20878, USA
Mol Biotechnol 29:221-4. 2005..Statistical analysis showed that better results were obtained when spotted, presynthesized long oligonucleotide arrays were blocked with succinic anhydride and hybridized at 42 degrees C in the presence of 50% formamide...
- [Effect of Chinese herbal medicine 1023 Recipe in blocking cancer transformation of experimental precancerous lesion and its mechanism]Zuo Liang Chen
Xiamen Hospital of Stomatalogy, Xiamen, Fujian Province 361001, China
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 2:281-4. 2004..To study the effect of Chinese herbal medicine 1023 Recipe in blocking cancer transformation of experimental oral precancerous lesion and its mechanism...
- Glucuronides in anti-cancer therapyXi Chen
Department of Chemistry, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Curr Med Chem Anticancer Agents 3:139-50. 2003..The prodrugs can also be utilized to modify liposomes for efficient delivery of anti-cancer drugs...
- [Preliminary results of intraoperative radiation therapy for cervical carcinoma IIb]Zi Liu
Department of Radiation Oncology, First Hospital, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an 710061, China
Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 37:553-5. 2002..To assess the effects of intraoperative radiation therapy (IORT) for cervical carcinoma IIb...
- Expression profile matrix of Arabidopsis transcription factor genes suggests their putative functions in response to environmental stressesWenqiong Chen
Torrey Mesa Research Institute, Syngenta Research and Technology, 3115 Merryfield Row, San Diego, California 92121, USA
Plant Cell 14:559-74. 2002....