Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Women's health 2016: An update for internistsPelin Batur
Education Director, Primary Care Women s Health, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA E mail
Cleve Clin J Med 83:905-913. 2016..This article reviews important studies published in 2015 and early 2016 pertinent to urinary tract infection, osteoporosis, ovarian cancer screening, and contraception...
- Emergency contraception: A multispecialty survey of clinician knowledge and practicesPelin Batur
Department of Internal Medicine and Primary Care Women s Health at the Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA Electronic address
Contraception 93:145-52. 2016..To assess knowledge and provision of emergency contraception (EC), particularly the most effective methods...
- Contraception for the perimenopausal woman: What's best?Pelin Batur
Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, OH, USA Email
J Fam Pract 64:705-9. 2015..Finding the optimal method of birth control for women in their 40s requires careful attention to medical history, risk factors, and perimenopausal symptoms, as well as the risk of unintended pregnancy. ..
- Emergency contraception: separating fact from fictionPelin Batur
Cleveland Clinic Independence Family Health Center, 5001 Rockside Road, Independence, OH 44131, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 79:771-6. 2012..This article reviews various emergency contraceptive options, their efficacy, and special considerations for use, and will attempt to clarify myths surrounding this topic...
- Discussing breast cancer and hormone replacement therapy with womenPelin Batur
Department of General Internal Medicine, Gault Women s Health and Breast Pavilion, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 69:838, 840, 843-4 passim. 2002..We discuss limitations of the study, questions that remain, and how to discuss the study with women at average risk and high risk for breast cancer...
- Increased prevalence of aortic stenosis in patients with arteriovenous malformations of the gastrointestinal tract in Heyde syndromePelin Batur
Departments of General Internal Medicine, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Arch Intern Med 163:1821-4. 2003..We examined whether there is an association between AVMs and AS when objective measures are used to diagnose these findings...
- Update on contraception: benefits and risks of the new formulationsPelin Batur
Gault Women s Health and Breast Pavilion, Department of General Internal Medicine, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 70:681-2, 685-6, 668-90 passim. 2003..Patient education regarding these options is essential for patient compliance and satisfaction...
- Menopausal hormone therapy (HT) in patients with breast cancerPelin Batur
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Women s Health Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Crown Centre II, Independence, OH 44131, USA
Maturitas 53:123-32. 2006..To assess the effect of menopausal hormone therapy (HT) on reoccurrence, cancer-related mortality, and overall mortality after a diagnosis of breast cancer...
- HPV Update: Vaccination, Screening, and Associated DiseaseMegan McNamara
Department of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine and Louis Stokes Cleveland Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 10701 East Boulevard, Cleveland, OH, 44106, USA
J Gen Intern Med 31:1360-1366. 2016..We consider the utility of urinary HPV testing in routine clinical practice and review current guidelines regarding anal HPV screening...